Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A)
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Bridgewell strengthens communities by providing an unmatched
range of social and human services that empower people with
disabilities and other life challenges to live safe, self-directed
and productive lives. Bridgewell delivers support through community
housing, day programs, outpatient treatment, recovery services,
education and employment training. We're committed to helping
people in need, from those with autism to people with substance use
disorders, become engaged members of their communities. Bridgewell
is also the industry leader in developing innovative offerings in
response to unmet or emerging needs.The Position: We're looking for
a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)! You will provide quality
supports to individuals with developmental and psychiatric
disabilities. Available Shift: Sat 3pm-11pm; Sun 5pm-11pm (14
hours) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assist individuals with all activities of
daily living which may include assistance with grooming, bathing,
oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care,
prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion,
communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals' care
- Provide care to individuals such as checking vital signs,
checking their weight, applying creams/ointments, etc.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each individual
in the delivery of services to them.
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and
promptly report these changes to the Program Director.
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, CARF and all
applicable regulatory standards.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all medical,
clinical and financial needs by identifying needs and securing
appropriate services as needed.
- Transport individuals as needed to and from medical,
recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Maintain daily and monthly progress notes according to DDS and
all applicable regulatory standards.
- Write annual assessments on individual goals as outlined in the
Individual Service Plan (ISP) and participate in the ISP meeting
and other relevant meetings for the individuals.
- Assist the individuals with accessing resources and
recreational opportunities in the community.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations.
- Maintain core-training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA,
CPI, PABC (if applicable) and MAP.
- Other duties as assigned.Education/Experience:
- Must be a high school graduate with a minimum of 1 year of
experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric
- Successful completion of a Massachusetts approved Nursing
Assistant Certification course or other education which meets state
- Must hold current Nursing Assistant Certification in
Massachusetts and maintain active certified status.
- Bachelor's degree may be substituted for CNA based on
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver's license and one year of driving
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently
required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective
- Paid sick time
- Collaborative work environment that values new insight and
- With over one hundred programs in the North Shore, Lowell and
Merrimack Valley we provide excellent opportunities for training
and professional developmentWhy Should You Apply: If top benefits
alone don't sway you, then our compassionate and collaborative work
environment should! Bridgewell is committed to training and
developing staff and provides the opportunities for you to have a
positive impact in the work you do.Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.Requires acceptable CORI results
according to Bridgewell policy.Bridgewell is committed to creating
a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Keywords: Bridgewell, Boston , Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A), Healthcare , Saugus, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!