Head of Entyvio and Gastroenterology Product Science
Company: Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH
Posted on: November 26, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
all information I submit in my employment application is true to
the best of my knowledge.Job DescriptionAbout the role:At Takeda,
we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D organization that
unlocks innovation and delivers transformative therapies to
patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and
other targeted investments, we push the boundaries of what is
possible in order to bring life-changing therapies to patients
worldwide.Join Takeda as a Head of Entyvio and Gastroenterology
Product Science where you will support a critical objective to
drive new evolution of our understanding of the science of Entyvio
(vedolizumab) as a leading therapy for inflammatory bowel disease
(IBD) and for future products for IBD, celiac disease and other GI
inflammatory diseases. You will also build and lead a team in
developing and executing a research plan to optimize our
understanding of the science of Entyvio (vedolizumab), with a focus
on the basis for its efficacy in inflammatory diseases of the GI
tract, the basis for differentiation from other therapeutics in
these diseases, and the range of potential indications where it
might provide further impact to patients, thereby supporting the
Entyvio Global Product Team to further develop the medical and
scientific product strategy. As a key member of the Global Project
Team (GPT) and leader of scientific research around a leading
Takeda product, this will be a highly visible role, managing
discovery projects for the GPT, working with academic partners, and
developing content for the communication of data both internally
and externally. As part of the Drug Discovery Unit, you will report
to the Head of GI Drug Discovery Unit (GI DDU) and build a team to
support these objectives and to expand to provide similar expertise
across Takedas GI Inflammatory disease product pipeline.How you
- Responsible for scientific support for research studies,
mechanistic understanding, disease area evolution and therapeutic
product landscape understanding.
- Lead the development of a research plan to further enhance the
understanding of the mechanisms of action of Entyvio, its
differentiation from other current and future IBD therapies and its
potential in other indications.
- Leverage current insights from existing data and IBD literature
to develop proposed approaches for further enhancement of the
scientific understanding of Entyvio.
- Work with the Entyvio GPL to align on budgets and plans with
the GPT and to ensure all global teams are informed and aware of
the research plans.
- Develop a strong collaboration with internal stakeholders
(Global Product Team, Discovery Research, Translational Medicine,
Clinical Development, US Medical, and Commercial) and external
academic centers of excellence and other partners, to optimize
delivery on the research plan.
- Build and lead a scientific team to support an aggressive
execution of the research plan, and other scientific and
- Investigate where research data may inform new translational
approaches to enhance the current utilization of Entyvio and
propose work to drive appropriate research programs forward.
- Build a knowledge base of all the current and future products
in the IBD landscape.
- As the scientific expert for the GPT, ensure a full
understanding by non-scientific GPT members of core scientific data
and their implications and support key GPT sub-teams.
- Participate in Congresses and Advisory Boards with the Entyvio
teams globally to share learnings from the new research.
- Work in partnership with US Med to train Takeda field medical
- Represent the Entyvio GPT as the scientific expert in external
discussions with investigators, researchers and with senior
- As a GI immunology subject matter expert, this role provides
nuanced and well-informed advice to senior stakeholders about the
GI Immunology therapeutic landscape, providing direction on where
the science will lead, with an initial focus on Entyvio, a leading
IBD therapy and a key Takeda product.
- Bring focused attention to Entyvio science with the aim to
maximize our understanding of the mechanistic basis of its safety
and efficacy and to drive the understanding and awareness of its
full potential to serve the unmet needs of patients with
- Bridge research expertise to commercial teams, by leading the
development of innovative opportunities for Entyvio science
understanding through data generation, literature analysis, KOL
interactions and external collaboration, to deliver a clear and
data-driven scientific story that explains the basis for Entyvios
value to patients.Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- MD/PhD, PhD or MD with a deep understanding of immunology, with
a focus on gastrointestinal disease and 15+ years experience in the
GI inflammation (preferred) or other immunology field in either
pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry or academic medicine.
- A thorough knowledge of IBD therapeutic area landscape and its
underlying science, preferable from "hands-on experience" in the
field as pharmaceutical research or medical professional.
- Understand the challenges in developing new therapies in
rapidly evolving medical landscape in inflammatory bowel disease
(IBD), celiac disease and other GI immunology areas of
- An advantage would be direct experience of building the
scientific understanding of a therapy for an inflammatory disease
from either an industry or academic role.
- Highly collaborative in style with peers and cross-functional
stakeholders whilst maintaining focus on project objective.
- Strong communication skills with experience managing complex
scientific partnerships working through matrix team models.
- Strongly competent in scientific communication, articulating
conclusions succinctly with clear and credible rationale in both
business development and product science settings.
- Previous experience leading small to medium scientific research
teams and in influencing senior-level management and key
stakeholders is an advantage.
- Proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and excellent attention
- Healthcare business acumen with an understanding of the
pharmaceutical industry.What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursementMore about us:At Takeda, we are
transforming patient care through the development of novel
specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support
programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and
empower you to grow through life-changing work.Certified as a
Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages
innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We
foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams
are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and
a Brighter Future to people around the world.In accordance with the
CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to
Apply.#LI-SGMEEO StatementTakeda is proud in its commitment to
creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national
origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or
characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran,
special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance
with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other
characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker
TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH, Boston , Head of Entyvio and Gastroenterology Product Science, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!