Scientific Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences Program Leadership
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: November 26, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D
organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative
therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on four
therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the
boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing
therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Scientific Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences
Program Leadership where you will independently lead development of
strategy and plans for multiple programs, lead and influence
functional/divisional strategy, operations and innovation. You will
also contribute to divisional initiatives and may contribute to
corporate, cross-divisional, and global initiatives.
How you will contribute:
- As a Scientific Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences Program
Leadership, you will engage others by inspiring commitment.
Collaborate by influencing through relationships, mobilize high
performance, anticipate the group's future needs and help develop
capabilities aligned with those needs. Champion change and be a
role model for junior staff not only in technical expertise but
across Takeda competencies. Program Leadership:
- You will provide strategic scientific leadership and program
management for multiple global CMC development teams dealing with
complex development programs that require scientific depth and
overall product development acumen for successful execution
- Identify, mitigate, and communicate project or program risks to
relevant stakeholders. You will be expected to advance not only the
program teams they lead but also other teams that are facing unique
- Lead/participates as functional expert in divisional and
- Represent CMC on cross-divisional governance and development
teams while providing strategy and accountability for CMC
deliverables. Technical Acumen:
- Provide scientific leadership and innovation in pharmaceutical
research and development. Builds teams across functions and
geographies with individuals who have the right skills and
experience to deliver on key organizational initiatives.
- Mentors other members of the department to develop their
abilities to lead and advance their individual skills of
pharmaceutical product development. Demonstrate humility and
approachability in encouraging others to challenge ideas and openly
- Be an internal consultant to the Pharmaceutical Sciences staff
for any scientific advice that may be needed on a project
- Develop the capabilities of the department by identifying
opportunities and anticipating changes in the business landscape
through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment
affecting the business.
- Represent Pharmaceutical Sciences in cross divisional,
corporate and global initiatives. Cultivate a broad network of
relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and alliance
partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
- Inspire commitment through multiple communication channels
(meetings, writing, and presentations).
- Develop and communicate convincing business cases for
department strategies that motivate stakeholders to take
- Ensure that technical and scientific standards within the
function meet state-of-the-art industry expectations.
- Identify, evaluate, develop, recommend and/or negotiate novel
solutions to meet critical project needs.
- Critically review technical and scientific reports from
external sources and coordinates Takeda-sponsored work. Minimum
- You will have; BS + 18 years; MS + 14 years; Pharma D + 13
years; PhD + 12 years Technical Skills/Competencies:
- Ability to propose and influence development to result in a
commercially viable product.
- Must have the maturity to utilize scientific and technical
knowledge to provide unique business solutions.
- Experience must be in a scientific discipline with expert
knowledge of pharmaceutical development, including an understanding
of current laboratory techniques, instrumentation, problem solving
techniques, process engineering and manufacturing development, and
statistics used in experimental work. Regularly contributes
functional expertise to external industry and advocacy groups.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of several allied fields, such as
chemical engineering, analytical/organic/physical chemistry,
process engineering, pharmaceutics, quality assurance and/or
regulatory affairs. Advanced understanding in DMPK, Pharmacology
- Extensive knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices
(cGMP), ICH Guidelines, other pertinent national regulations,
compendial requirements and communicating with regulatory
- Must have experience in global regulatory submission
requirements and processes. Program Leadership
Experience with the application of project leadership knowledge,
skills, tools, and techniques for complex multidisciplinary
programs and initiatives.
- Leadership - develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal
skills to influence and guide internal and external stakeholders
towards the accomplishment of program, divisional and corporate
goals and objectives; adapts well to different personalities and
manages others on the team in a respectful manner.
- Risk Management - ability to identify/solve technical,
budgetary, and schedule risks to multiple programs and propose
appropriate risk response strategies. Ability to identify gaps in
CMC technology/trends and influence change/improvements to affected
- Communication - ability to expresses one's self clearly and
concisely to key stakeholders; documents issues and/or concerns
concisely and comprehensively; adjusts style, language and/or
terminology appropriate for the audience. Can represent CMC
viewpoint at corporate and industry level.
- Resource Management - Ability to anticipate and manage internal
and external resource needs (people, information, technologies,
time, and capital). What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance
with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $160,300 to $229,000, based on candidate
professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for
Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are
eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days &
Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Boston , Scientific Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences Program Leadership, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!