Asst, Prep Lab
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Asst, Prep Lab - Marlborough,MA - Monday-Friday (Rotational
Saturday)Position provides a wide variety of support for assigned
- Picks up samples from accessioning and sorts samples into
- Answers phone and directs calls appropriately
- Unpacks and stores reagents and supplies
- Inventories and orders warehouse supply items
- Sorts samples and distributes them to the appropriate setup
hood. Manages specimen library within established time frames.
- Decontaminates work areas as designated.
- Performs waived tests under supervision
- Seeks specimens as needed
- Maintains work area in clean and organized condition.
- Follows all PPE requirements.
- Maintains designated laboratory equipment.
- Performs QA/QC duties as assigned (eyewash checks, temperature
readings etc )
- Loads urines onto Atlas for urinalysis.
- Resolves unverified pending list for occult bloods and
- Inoculates appropriate microbiology media based on site
- Prepares samples for processing i.e. tissue grinders,
- Credits unacceptable / duplicate test requests, knows what
sites and specimens are acceptable for testing.
- Places anaerobic culture plates in appropriate bags.
- Loads blood bottles into Bactec machine.
- Prints and separates worksheets.
- Puts culture plates in incubators.
- Prepares concentrates and trichrome slides for ova and
- Prepares samples for DNA probes.
- Prepares malaria smears.
- Prepares tubes for Giardia antigens and cryptosporidium
- Performs and finalizes occult blood results.
- Uses various laboratory computer systems for labeling, inquiry,
crediting, and resulting as needed. 28. Disposes of biohazardous
and chemical waste.
- Completes PAL forms appropriately.
- Provides input regarding procedures, training manual, and
- Assists with department quality and process improvement
- Sets up media and supplies for assigned work area.
- Completes training checklists and competency testing
- Discards specimens weekly.
- All other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS Required Work
Experience: N/APreferred Work Experience: N/APhysical and Mental
Requirements: Ability to stand for long periods of time Knowledge:
- Accurate worker, detail-oriented
- Flexible with respect to department scheduling needs.
- Flexible to work in other departments as needed. EDUCATION High
School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)LICENSECERTIFICATIONS6
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Boston , Asst, Prep Lab, Healthcare , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!