CNI-Clinical Nurse Entry
Company: Beth Israel Lahey Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
When you join the growing BILH team, you're not just taking a
job, you're making a difference in people's lives.
Rotating (United States of America)
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of
nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art &
science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients,
families, and communities. The Clinical Nurse I utilizes the
nursing process as the frame of reference for practice as a
professional registered nurse and provides direct patient care to
patients and families. This is an entry-level nursing position for
new graduate nurses. Training, evaluation and competencies for this
role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
* Provides direct care to patients and makes necessary nursing
judgments. Responsible for systematically assessing the health care
needs of individuals or groups and for the formulation of a care
plan, its implementation and evaluation. Demonstrates the ability
for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with
practical experience in caring for patients.
* Coordinates the care of patients and directs assistive personnel
in order to provide safe, effective, efficient, equitable and
timely, patient-centered care. Demonstrates initial awareness of
environmental forces on health care of patients and their families.
* Develops a collegial and collaborative relationship with other
health professionals to determine healthcare needs of patients and
families. Learns to develop relationships with patients and
families that maintain and communicate trust and respect.
Communicates effectively in the exchange of information. Begins to
demonstrate the ability to act as a patient advocate
* Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include
emergency skills and unit based competencies. Identifies needs for
continued growth and development in conjunction with the unit based
educator or clinical nurse specialist.
* Demonstrates a commitment to patients, staff, and to Beth Israel
Deaconess Medical Center. The individual nursing practice reflects
the goals of the Medical Center. Demonstrates responsibility and
accountability for own nursing practice and patient safety
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
* License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic
level within web-based applications.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate
complexity and importance.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied,
requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct
observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
* Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and
procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general
guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or
unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by
* Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
* Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
* Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
* Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to
improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas,
identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult:
16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or
up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and
employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do
everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our
colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires
that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19
as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Beth Israel Lahey Health, Boston , CNI-Clinical Nurse Entry, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!