Faculty Associate in Anatomy and Physiology
Company: MCPHS University
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The School of Arts and Sciences seeks a full-time, 12-month
faculty associate member to deliver high quality learning
experiences for students enrolled in undergraduate health science
programs such as nursing, dental hygiene, sonography, radiography,
and pre-medicine. The selected candidate will have responsibilities
teaching face-to-face lecture courses, primarily Anatomy and
Physiology I and Anatomy and Physiology II to approximately 250-350
first-year students per semester. Other courses can be offered
based upon the applicants' expertise, such as introductory biology,
applied human physiology, histology, kinesiology, or medical
terminology. Rank will be at the level of Faculty Associate.
Faculty Associates are full-time faculty members whose primary
responsibility is teaching, and their responsibilities do not
include scholarship or service on official School or University
committees. Teaching loads for Faculty Associates are four lecture
sections fall semester, four lecture sections spring semester, and
one lecture section summer semester, or their equivalent.
* Serves as Instructor of undergraduate Anatomy and Physiology
courses, including Anatomy and Physiology I and Anatomy and
* Utilizes current best practices in teaching and provides engaging
assignments and activities to promote student learning.
* Consults with faculty responsible for coordinating/teaching
Anatomy and Physiology laboratory on alignment between lecture and
* Offers other courses such as Applied Human Physiology, Medical
Terminology, Kinesiology, Biology, or others, as needed to fill out
a full teaching load. May also teach laboratory sections or
recitation sections to fill out a full teaching load.
* Provide students with an approved syllabus that includes course
objectives, learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance
policies in line with those of the School, texts and readings,
assignments and deliverables, timelines and evaluation
* Uses the University's learning management system to post
syllabus, assignments, grades and other materials to communicate
* Assists students through office hours or scheduled appointments
in-person or through other University-approved mechanisms (Zoom,
* Strives to stimulate learning and actively seeks advancement of
teaching and learning processes.
* Supports assessment activities associated with accreditation and
University learning outcomes
* Support incorporation of diversity, equity and inclusion into the
curriculum, as well as co-curricular experiences, to broaden the
education of students and expand their knowledge of health
* Additional duties as assigned by the Dean or Department Chair.*
Advanced degree (masters or PhD) in biology, anatomy, physiology,
or similar discipline.
* Commitment to undergraduate education and student success.
* Minimum of three (3) years teaching anatomy and physiology
lecture courses at the college/university level.
* Experience with teaching anatomy and physiology laboratory
* Experience with teaching online anatomy and physiology lecture
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* Evidence of teaching excellence, such as evaluations from
supervisors or students.
* Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team,
effectively interacting with a wide array of parties at all levels
(undergraduate students, faculty, administration, staff).
* Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and Learning
Management Systems (such as Blackboard).
* Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to
an inclusive working and learning environment
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume.
Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to
reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a
condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees
and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy,
requiring employees to be fully vaccinated, boosted and tested on a
regular basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of
a medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an
Established in 1823, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health
Sciences (MCPHS) is the oldest institution of higher education in
Boston, a city that is home to many of the world's top universities
and healthcare institutions. We are one of the largest and most
highly-ranked schools for health- and life-sciences, and our alumni
and faculty continually distinguish themselves in healthcare
settings around the globe. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across
campuses in Boston's Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA
and downtown Manchester, NH. Our vision is to empower our Community
to create a healthier, more equitable world, which we strive to
achieve through our strategic priorities of collaboration,
inclusion, success, sustainability, planning, and support.
We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include a
substantial contribution toward the cost of medical, vision, and
dental insurance, generous time off, retirement and pension plans,
and flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance for our
employees while advancing the MCPHS strategic plan.
MCPHS is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates a diverse
community. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented
people from a diverse candidate pool. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to any
characteristic protected by law
Keywords: MCPHS University, Boston , Faculty Associate in Anatomy and Physiology, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!