Assisted Living CNA
Company: Hebrew SeniorLife
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Join our Assisted Living team at NewBridge on the Charles, named
one of Boston Globe's Top Places to Work in 2021!Schedule:
6:45am-3:15pmWeek one: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
ThursdayWeek Two: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
-Position SummaryThe primary responsibility of this position is to
assist residents in Activities of Daily Living. This includes, but
is not limited to, toileting, bathing, dressing, taking vital signs
and assessing residents' need for additional medical attention.
Nursing Assistants will also provide residents with assistance to
take medications, under the careful supervision of the Nursing
Coordinator. Nursing Assistants will also participate in the
recreation program, under the supervision of the Program Manager.
-Core Care Competencies:
Adjust to meet the individual needs
of the resident.Can prioritize effectively.Respond calmly to
unexpected change or frustration.Relates to all in an open,
friendly and respectful manner.Initiate and develops relationships
with new residents, staff and families.Promote a collaborative
atmosphere.Provide the highest level of care to our
residents.Promote a healing environment for physical and spiritual
needs.Demonstrate dependability and accountability with all duties.
- Assist residents with ADL's including toileting, bathing,
dressing and cueing for feeding. Assist residents with ambulation
as well as with mobility devices, including canes, walkers and
wheelchairs. Help residents with additional ADL devices, such as
glasses and hearing aids.
- Perform any treatments, as required, including vital signs,
weights, temperatures, skin care, and range of motion
- Assist residents with medications under the careful supervision
of the Nursing Coordinator.
- Document in, and refer to, all pertinent lists of record
keeping systems, ie. toileting book, dietary need book, daily
communication book and miscellaneous flow sheets and SAMM
- Assist multi-disciplinary team in the development,
implementation and evaluation of care plans for residents. Attend
and contribute to care planning meetings as assigned.
- Escort residents to medical appointments within the community,
- Maintain day-to-day cleanliness in resident's rooms and
bathrooms and assure tidiness in all accessible storage areas and
common areas. Responsible for bed making and linen changing.
Responsible for assuring that all needed supplies for resident care
are in stock. Responsible for communicating with te Nursing
Director when more ADL supplies are needed.
- Observe and report any unsanitary conditions, fire, or safety
hazards. Inform Program Director of any faulty equipment needing
- Laundry for residents.
- Observe and immediately report any changes in resident's status
to Nursing Coordinator and/or Program Director. This includes
changes in physical and/or cognitive/emotional status.
- Responsible for supporting the Therapeutic Recreation
Department by assisting in daily activities and special events as
planned. Assist residents to and from recreation programming.
- Agree to work as assigned/must be flexible with hours.
- Work collaboratively with peers as a team.
- Maintain all certifications as required for employment.
- Assist Nursing Director and Program Director in training of new
- (11 p.m -7 a.m. staff. Responsible for resident's safety and
well-being during the night shifts. Responsible for engaging
residents who are awake. Responsible for maintaining control of
hand-held security phone. Responsible for documenting resident's
incidents/issues for communication to the day shift).
- All additional responsibilities as assigned. -Qualifications:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- A minimum of 2 years direct service experience with the
- Knowledge of, and/or, 1 year of experience working with people
with Alzheimer's disease and/or related disorders. Sensitivity to
issues of aging.
- Ability to be flexible with scheduling and work assignments, as
well as the ability to work as a team.
- Experience distributing medication required.
- Experience working in assisted living or rest home
preferred.Hebrew SeniorLife requires all employees to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment. All
new hires must be fully vaccinated, which includes any recommended
COVID-19 boosters, before their start date. Any exemption requests
for medical or religious reasons will be considered on a case by
case basis and must be processed prior to any start date.Hebrew
SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity employer. All
employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and
competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion,
age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military
status, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by
federal, state, or local law.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Hebrew SeniorLife, Boston , Assisted Living CNA, Healthcare , Dedham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...