Pharmacy Technician- Full-Time Days
Company: Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Description - Schedule: Full-time 40 hours, days The primary
responsibility of the Pharmacy Technician is to assist the
Pharmacist by performing the technical and clerical tasks necessary
for the accurate preparation and distribution of pharmaceutical
products to the patient care areas of the hospital.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates daily workload to coincide with the needs of the
- Prepacks non-unit-dose oral medications as needed for
dispensing to the patient care areas.
- Aseptically prepares intravenous medications within the
allotted time period.
- Always uses appropriate technique in the IV Room. This includes
use of Aseptic Technique, Use of Chemo gown and appropriate gloves
when handling chemotherapy, and closely abides by IV Room policies
- Medication Orders: Medication Orders are filled accurately and
- Omnicell: Dispensing to the Omnicell cabinets are accurately
and efficiently performed.
- Stock Medications: Orders for stock medications are accurately
and efficiently performed.
- Medication Inspections: Inspects assigned areas inside and
outside the Pharmacy for outdated drugs.
- Telephone: Answers the phone in a courteous and helpful
- Special Projects: Accepts extra duties upon request and
completes them according to deadline.
- Medication delivery: Delivers medications to patient care areas
in a timely and accurate manner. Grade: 145 Brigham and Women's
Faulkner Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is
committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and
service to the community. - We place great value on being a
diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect
the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we
believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement
opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity:
race, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, religion,
ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human
presence and expression that make us better able to provide
innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research. Brigham and
Women's Faulkner Hospital is a 171- bed non-profit, community
teaching hospital located in Jamaica Plain directly across the
street from the Arnold Arboretum. - Founded in 1900, Brigham and
Women's Faulkner Hospital offers comprehensive care in a wide
variety of specialties. - Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital is
a designated Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing
Center, a recognition that fewer than nine percent of all US
hospitals receive. - At Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, we
believe that everyone should have the chance to live a healthy
life. From creating breakthroughs that have paved the way for
treatments around the globe to training the next generation of
providers, our patients, and those we may never meet, are at the
center of everything we do. If you're looking for more than a
career, join Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital. - Our patients
call it better care. - Our employees call it home. - Qualifications
- High School diploma -or equivalent required
- Current Registration as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of
Massachusetts and have no disciplinary actions taken.
- National certification (CPhT)
- Staff adheres to all C.A.R.E. Standards
- Must be able to understand and clearly communicate with all
areas of health care personnel
- Must understand the basic operations of the Pharmacy
Department, including processing prescriber medication orders, the
operations of the Omnicell cabinets and software, Epic, the
repackaging (pre-packing) machine, and any other technology that
the Pharmacy employs in its operations.
- Must maintain sufficient pharmaceutical knowledge for the safe
and effective distribution of medications. - EEO Statement -
Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospitalis an Affirmative Action
Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we
choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed,
national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual
orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other
status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals
with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment.
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Faulkner Hospital, Boston , Pharmacy Technician- Full-Time Days, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...