Therapeutic Area Head, Immunology, GMA
Posted on: November 20, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About the role:
At Takeda, we are a forward-looking, world-class R&D
organization that unlocks innovation and delivers transformative
therapies to patients. By focusing R&D efforts on three
therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, we push the
boundaries of what is possible in order to bring life-changing
therapies to patients worldwide.
Join Takeda as a Therapeutic Area Head, Immunology, GMA where you
will establish and build a newly created Immunology Therapeutic
Area (TA) including the hiring of Global Medical Affairs (GMA)
professionals covering different therapeutic indications and
devising/implementing a multi-year strategic plan for priority
development asset including full budgetary responsibilities. Lead
development and execution of multi-year global medical strategy for
Immunology TA, appropriately aligned with overall GM strategy and
cross-functional partners in R&D and GPD (Clinical, Regulatory,
GEO, PV, GPLS, HEPA, MPD, and Regions). Serve as member of the
Global Medical Leadership Team contributing to overall Medical
portfolio management and prioritization as well as definition and
execution of GMA multi-year strategic plan.
You will serve as a member of the Global Medical Leadership Team
contributing to overall Medical portfolio management and
prioritization as well as the definition and execution of the GMA
multi-year strategic plan. And, serve as a member of the Global
Portfolio Division Senior Leadership Team. Accountable for the
development and implementation of all Immunology TA Global Medical
and evidence generation plans and strategies in collaboration with
cross-functional partners. Key Medical representative on
cross-functional Global strategy teams including R&D and
Commercial. Act as a senior company representative interacting with
external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups, and/or
regulatory authorities. Collaborate with Legal, Compliance, and
Regulatory functions to ensure proper and ethical interactions
between GM personnel and external stakeholders. As part of the
Global Medical team, you will report to Chief Medical Officer EVP,
How you will contribute:
- Accountable for TA medical strategy and plans
- Definition of overall TA strategy including headcount planning
and full budgetary responsibilities.
- Development and execution of medical strategy for all
assets/indications within TA including evidence generation
strategy/execution, publication plans, congress strategy, customer
interaction strategy, scientific communication platforms aligned
with product strategy, BD medical activities, and digital
- Development of overall medical product strategy; medical
affairs input for the product(s) to Product Strategy Team, GPTs,
and Senior Leadership Teams.
- Definition of overall TA medical HTA and reimbursement
- Development of medical tactical plans and budget for global
- Definition of overall global GM goals/deliverables and key
- Acts as a senior company representative with external
scientific leaders, policymakers, patient advocacy groups, and/or
- Establish and/or enhance partnerships with key academic
institutions and develops relationships with key thought
- Establish appropriate strategic partnerships with HCPs in areas
of scientific interest.
- Represent GM at internal and external meetings.
- Serve as a key medical resource on the disease area and on
- Maintains a high level of expertise in therapeutic area disease
- Develop and maintain knowledge of global pharmaceutical
regulations, guidelines, codes of practices, and Takeda policies
related to all medical activities.
- Develop, conduct, or participates in therapeutic training
programs for Takeda internal departments.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time, including domestic and
- Some activities may call for early or late meetings and
attendance at scientific meetings on holidays and weekends.
- Medical degree required; board certification in Immunology or
related field strongly preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in biopharmaceutical medicine,
preferably within a matrix or franchise structure.
- Strategic and thought leadership experience in medical affairs
- Experience successfully leading global cross-functional
- Demonstrated ability to create, lead and influence successful
collaborations, and to navigate and address challenging dynamics on
a global cross-functional team.
- Sound understanding of clinical development.
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership.
- Demonstrated business acumen. Sound understanding of all key
aspects of drug development.
- Proven track record of leading effective collaboration of large
multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams to an aligned goal.
- Ability to think strategically from a medical perspective and
engage with cross-functional partners about how to support the
growth of a Therapeutic Area.
- Sound understanding of global reimbursement and HTA
- Ability to work in a global environment, across diverse
cultures, and successfully influence and negotiate across and
outside of the organization.
- Strong clinical skills and understanding of clinical trial
- Ability to lead and motivate large teams and drive initiatives
without direct line management authority.
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific, and
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and
Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase
additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and a company match of charitable
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development
of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best-in-class patient
support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will
inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating
careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in
everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace,
in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to
deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance
with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $ 291,000 - 417,000, based on the candidate's
professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for
Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are
eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance,
401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days &
Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program, and Paid Volunteer Time
The final salary offered for this position may take into account a
number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills,
education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Takeda, Boston , Therapeutic Area Head, Immunology, GMA, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!