Pediatric Registered Dietitian II- Outpatient- Liver Clinic
Company: Boston Childrens Hospital
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Job Posting Description
Boston Children's Hospital offers a highly clinically challenging
environment with opportunity for professional development. Salaries
and benefits are competitive with opportunity for advancement using
our 3-tiered Professional ladder.
*Position is eligible for a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Hybrid position seeing patients with biliary atresia, fatty liver
and liver disease. Works primarily in the Boston location and may
This Pediatric Registered Dietitian II will be responsible for:
- Providing comprehensive outpatient nutritional care to patients
with biliary atresia, fatty liver and liver disease
- Working collaboratively with surgeons, gastroenterologist and
- Evaluating the medical, biochemical, and nutritional
information and assessing patient needs in order to develop and
implement the most appropriate nutrition care plans.
- Collaborating with inter professional team members, including
physician partners, to optimize safest nutrition care plans,
including orders for oral diets, enteral and parenteral nutrition
in preparation for a successful hospital discharge
- Instructing patients and caregivers on prescribed
nutritional/diet plan. Serving as a resource and educator for
health care providers, students, community dietitians and the
- Assisting with the review of patient education materials or
other projects of department significance.
- Participating in hospital and service/program specific quality
improvement (QI) initiatives.
- Providing supervision of scheduled clinical nutrition services
on weekends and holidays. Serving as a resource for food service
staff when special patient food service issues arise. Participating
in the orientation, and training of new dietitians, as
- Working collaboratively with peers and those from other
disciplines and patient care settings, and promoting team morale
within Clinical Nutrition Services and on patient units.
- Participating in speaking and writing opportunities as well as
Clinical Nutrition Services education forums.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in nutrition and three (3) plus years of
progressive experience in Dietetics with at least two (2) years in
- Analytical skills to resolve complex problems requiring the use
of scientific, mathematical, or technical principles and in-depth,
- Registration by Commission on Dietetic Registration, the
Credentialing agency of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, as
a Registered Dietitian.
- Licensure by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a licensed
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and
unmatched benefits including flexible schedules, affordable health,
vision and dental insurance, child care and student loan subsidies,
generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan,
Pension, Tuition and certain License and Certification
Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on
T-passes. Experience the benefits of passion and teamwork.
Keywords: Boston Childrens Hospital, Boston , Pediatric Registered Dietitian II- Outpatient- Liver Clinic, Healthcare , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!