Patient Relations Nurse
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Department Description: BIDMC's Silverman Institute for Health Care
Quality and Safety / Department of Health Care Quality provides
organizational leadership and collaborative support for quality and
patient safety throughout the Medical Center.
Each Division plays a crucial role in the daily operations of the
Medical Center helping to promote the highest level of safety and
quality of care. The Patient Relations Representatives are
available for patients, family members, nurses, physicians and
staff to help resolve concerns, complaints or grievances about care
and treatment issues that arise in both inpatient and outpatient
settings.Job Location: Boston, MAReq ID: 30765BRJob Summary:
Coordinates all aspects of patients' concerns and issues by acting
as liaison between the patients and the organization's
administration, staff, and physicians to coordinate, investigate,
review, respond to and facilitate resolution of patient
- Coordinates, investigates and facilitates resolution of patient
grievances concerning the quality of care and services.
- Whenever possible, meets with patients and families face to
face during their episode of care at BIDMC.
- Creates and maintains the patient complaint database.
- Provides resource information concerning Patients' Rights and
Responsibilities, Advance Directives, and ethical issues. Refers
patients to appropriate services and resources.
- Consults, advises and instructs senior management regarding
appropriate approaches for dealing with difficult patient
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required.
- License Registered Nurse required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include
Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based
applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and
recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly
varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input,
innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how
to accomplish defined results with some guidelines.
Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of
concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in
complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects
or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service and staff training to meet customer service standards and
expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in
the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.Age based
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30
- 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in
carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the
time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Keywords: Bidmc, Boston , Patient Relations Nurse, Healthcare , Revere, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!