Non-CDL Route Delivery Driver
Company: HD Supply
Location: Hyde Park
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Company Overview Where: 100 Meadow Road, Hyde Park, MA 02136 Type:
Full-Time Non-Exempt Wage: $20.00/hour and up based on experience
Benefits After 90 Days: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid-Time
Off, Sick Time, Tuition Reimbursement, and more! Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday; 6:00am until route completion. Did you know that HD
Supply is one of the largest distribution companies in North
America? Our sweet spot is connecting maintenance and construction
products with businesses that need them. Our company size ($6
billion and growing) and culture allows our associates to learn and
grow in all kinds of ways. Our mission is to build our cities and
keep them running. Our Local Drivers get the goods our customers
need in order to make this happen. Some perks of this job
- No weekend or overnight work: Monday - Friday schedules
- Standard Start Times: You'll be able to plan your life around
- Competitive pay: base hourly wage (not by load or stop) plus
the potential for overtime and bonuses
- Our trucks are equipped with lift gates: we help you stay
- Physically active work: no gym membership needed
- Enjoy generous benefits: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401k savings plan with company match and sick leave
- Up to 15 days paid time off annually in addition to 7 paid
- Bi-weekly pay with direct deposit and pay card
- Great career and personal growth opportunities within our $6
billion (and growing) company HD Supply is an Essential Business
Service: As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains
operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social
distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas,
including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety
precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates,
visit our FAQ page here:https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs/ In this job,
you'll do things like:
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely drive, move
and offload merchandise from box trucks of up to 26 feet
- Interact with customers and job site supervisors in a friendly
and professional way
- Perform truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Maintain accurate electronic logs of deliveries and
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines at all times
- Work independently, take initiative and solve problems
Must-have requirements for this job:
- Able to operate a box truck for a full work day, in all types
of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous
- Able, with or without accommodations, to do things like lift
(up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally),
walk, move, pack and unpack goods throughout the day with equipment
- Able to safely climb in and out of the cab/box of the
- Able to pass drug test, driving record check, and Dept of
Transportation (DOT) physical exam
- Able to speak fluent English due to safety and customer service
- Valid driver's license
- 21+ years of age due to insurance requirements
- At least 6 months of experience operating a 16ft - 26ft Box
Truck with automatic transmission and air brakes
- Warehouse experience
- Forklift experience or certification
- Experience operating hand trucks, pallet trucks or similar
- Experience with inventory-related handheld computer devices
Click "apply now" for current or future consideration! Watch the
video below to learn more about HD Supply and what it's like to
work here: Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Make
deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety
procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Performs routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- Delivers merchandise to customers and contacts customers if
they are not present.
- Loads truck with daily merchandise to be delivered and unloads
merchandise for customers.
- Pulls orders to match manifests.
- Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance to resolve customer issues. Nature and
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past
practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine
or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are
cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent
judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review
of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 5% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience
in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific
Details **EG PRID PRID143 Job Locations US-MA-Hyde Park -
US-MA-Boston Posted Date 1 week ago (10/7/2020 10:32 AM) Job ID
2020-39846 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area
Transportation Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting
Location : Postal Code 02136 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Boston , Non-CDL Route Delivery Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , Hyde Park, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!