Company: Hebrew SeniorLife
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionOFFERING $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS!Work and have a
great quality of life! No late nights! Full benefits package for
24+ hoursSchedule: Saturday - Wednesday 9:30AM - 6:00PM
- Hands on in production ensure all food is being cooked and
prepped according to the standards administered by Sous Chef and
- Ensures that the proper amounts of entrees, vegetables,
desserts and salads on the menu are prepared in accordance with
standardized recipes and preparation methods, portion control, time
schedules, and special diet needs. Properly labels all food
products with date and ensure all food is being properly
- Cares for all equipment and proper usage.
- Tastes and smells food to determine quality and palatability.
Must be accurate in measurements and show good judgment and
initiative in preparing food, supervising personnel and maintaining
sufficient dietary standards.
- Attends in-service education meetings and workshops at the
request of administration.
- Responsible for the preparation of all food items on the menus
for residents and personnel according to the work production
sheets, following modified diets in accordance with diet spreads as
approved by the consulting dietitian. Makes Sous Chef aware if
there is a shortage of product or product is needed for production
later in the week.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation and housekeeping. Works
with Chief Steward to ensure all walk in and other kitchen areas
are being cleaned.
- Attends daily production meetings for review of days' work and
- Attends in-service training sessions together with co-workers
to keep abreast with current knowledge in the field of nutrition
and dietary related personnel, as well as general in-services.
- Cooperates and coordinates work activities with co-workers to
ensure a smoothly run department.
- Assume supervisory responsibilities in absence of Sous Chef.
May need to order and receive food, and cooperate in the
preparation of food with other work shifts.
- Performs assigned job related duties or special projects
assigned by the Sous ChefWhat we're looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- You have at least 1 year experience as a cook .
- You are Serve Safe certified or willing to become Serve Safe
certified.Hebrew SeniorLife requires all employees to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their employment. All
new hires must be fully vaccinated, which includes any recommended
COVID-19 boosters, before their start date. Any exemption requests
for medical or religious reasons will be considered on a case by
case basis and must be processed prior to any start date.Hebrew
SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity employer. All
employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and
competence and not influenced or affected by race, color, religion,
age, gender, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military
status, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by
federal, state, or local law.Powered by JazzHRJ2VYxF6U2A
Keywords: Hebrew SeniorLife, Boston , Second Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Dedham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!