The Street Bar - Bartender, Part-Time
Company: The Newbury Boston
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality
management company widely recognized as an innovator in the
industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com .
Highgate, in partnership with Major Food Group, has announced plans
to open The Newbury Boston at One Newbury Street, located in the
premier shopping and dining neighborhood of Boston's Back Bay. This
iconic property originally opened in 1927 as one of the first
Ritz-Carlton hotels in the U.S. and most recently was the Taj
Boston. The building will be thoughtfully transformed into a
286-room luxury hotel with 16,000-sq-ft of stunning event spaces,
signature dining experiences and a reimagined front entrance on
The Bartender is responsible for the complete set up of the bar
area and the mixing of drinks for all guests and servers. Need to
maintain the service and cleanliness of the bar area, ensuring
quality service, guest satisfaction and control over liquor
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Process guests' checks, collect cash and process credit cards and
room charges according to standards.
- Perform opening and closing side work according to standards to
ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the standards, for
mixing, portion control and presentation.
- Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm,
friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Prepare all beverages for the service bar.
- Ensure the lounge areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Be familiar with the POS system.
- Carry out cashiering functions by closing checks and servicing
- Follow all state liquor laws.
- Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
- Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid
problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to
- Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed.
(bottle for bottle method)
- Assist with beverage month end inventories as required by
- Assist in creating new menu items
- Stock and clean glassware.
- Prepare all garnishes.
- Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge area as needed.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Keywords: The Newbury Boston, Boston , The Street Bar - Bartender, Part-Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!