Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Prepares and bakes high quality goods consistent with WFM's
quality standards. Performs all duties related to mixing, dividing,
shaping, proofing, and baking bread and bakery products. Provides
leadership and mentorship to bakers and other Team Members in the
department. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a
positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and
efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All
positions must be performed in accordance with team and store
Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be
prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.Job Responsibilities
- Mixes, divides, shapes, proofs, and bakes bread and other
bakery products to approved Whole Foods Market specifications.
- Maintains accurate mix times, temp logs, and production
- Develop, adjust and communicate daily production schedules with
other bakers and team.
- Ensures consistency of daily production in terms of quantity
and quality of finished products.
- Routinely assess production outcomes to ensure Enterprise
scratch bread program quality is maintained.
- Prepares, packages, weighs, and prices products for sale.
- Monitors product quality and freshness and ensures proper
- Models and delivers outstanding customer service.
- Mentors, coaches, and trains all other bakers on proper
execution of relevant bread and bakery programs to maintain
consistency and quality standards.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
- Utilizes proper production tools and reporting to maximize
sales and reduce shrink.
- Supports in training and onboarding bakers within home store
and other locations.Job Skills
- Thorough product, production, and equipment knowledge for all
bakery production items, especially scratch bread.
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for WFM
products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Ability to follow a production schedule and prioritize
- Ability to follow a recipe.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot bread production issues
and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ability to visually examine products and quality for
- Basic math skills for recipe conversions and
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to
work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable
manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in
all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time
management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced
environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Basic Microsoft Excel skillsExperiences
- 14+ months retail experience.Physical Requirements / Working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.Note: The purpose of this document
is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for
the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document
does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position.
Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any
job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher
level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level.
Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for
similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or
geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An
individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current
position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in
order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for
the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the
most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain
milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification,
time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the
higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.At Whole Foods
Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all
Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion,
national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and
promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the
position to be filled and business needs.
Keywords: Whole Foods, Boston , Bakery Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , Woburn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!