Whole Foods Team Leader
Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations
including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising,
labor, regulatory compliance, and special projects as assigned.
Leads and develops Team Members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs
require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous,
friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at
all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team
and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must
be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team
Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM
core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store
programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable
health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory
duties required in the department.Job Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports, and
- Assists team leader in annual sales and expense projections and
- Assists team leader with ordering and inventory
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in
absence of Team Leader.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Communicates and maintains Team Member safety and security
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals. Job
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our
products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Extensive knowledge of meat products.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
operations-related applications. Experience
- 18+ months retail Team Member experience and 6+ months of
supervisory experience. Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery. Note: The purpose
of this document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a
fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and
candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods, Boston , Whole Foods Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Woburn, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!