Unit Service Associate/Housekeeping- Per Diem
Company: Partners Healthcare
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Description - ExternalResponsible for a variety of tasks to
maintain the cleanliness and orderliness of assigned unit and to
support fellow USAs in doing so. Other responsibilities may include
but are not limited to: coaching and mentoring fellow USAs,
assisting to facilitate patient throughput, supporting hospital
strategic initiatives, providing customer service, and daily
maintenance of unit supplies and equipment.Maintains a clean and
orderly appearance of unit, as assigned. Responsibilities may
include but are not limited to: cleaning unit-based equipment,
furniture, floors, walls, bathrooms, med rooms/alcoves, nourishment
stations, utility rooms, sleep rooms, conference rooms, staff and
visitor lounges; replacing cubicle curtains, emptying linen
hampers, defrosting refrigerators, preparing and disposing of
hazardous waste boxes.
- Manages discharge cleaning of patient rooms as assigned.
- Manages daily cleaning of occupied patient rooms as
- In addition to patient rooms, manages cleanliness of all
ancillary spaces on the unit, including but not limited to items
listed in section 1.
- Enhances the patient experience through excellent customer
- Manages supply inventory on unit as assigned, which can include
bedside medical supplies, linen, and personal toiletries.
- Transports supplies, equipment, beds, specimens, patient
valuables, carts, patients. Performs other errands as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In collaboration with manager, identifies and meets learning
- Completes annual retraining requirements and remains compliant
with annual screenings and vaccinations
- Participates and remains active in hospital communications,
e.g. email, pagers, learning assignments, paper alerts, and
- Assesses patient rooms for readiness for admission, e.g.
equipment, damage, deferred maintenance.
- Welcomes and supports coworkers who are new to the unit.
- Supports and participates in strategic initiatives of the
department and hospital.
- Maintains professional appearance while wearing hospital-issued
uniform. QualificationsQualifications - External
- Ability to read, speak and follow oral and written instructions
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to push, pull and move items weighing up to 75
- Ability to lift items weighing approximately 30 pounds.EEO
StatementMassachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we
choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare, Boston , Unit Service Associate/Housekeeping- Per Diem, Hospitality & Tourism , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!