Practice Assistant II - Front Desk Coordinator / 40 hr / Day / BWH Thoracic Surgery
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description - Practice Assistant II - Front Desk Coordinator
/ 40 hr / Day / BWH Thoracic Surgery (3142972) Practice Assistant
II - Front Desk Coordinator / 40 hr / Day / BWH Thoracic Surgery -
( 3142972 )
- Answer all incoming phone calls in a polite and courteous
manner. Triage all phone calls appropriately throughout the
division and hospital. Page Physician Assistants with medical
questions from patients, in accordance with protocol.
- Schedule patients for outpatient clinic appointments, both in
person and over the telephone, in as timely a fashion as possible
and in accordance with the Attending's directions.
- Thoroughly create and schedule all coordinating chest x-rays
and chest CT scans for the outpatient clinic appointments mentioned
above, also in as timely a fashion as possible and in accordance
with the Attending's directions.
- Clearly communicate appointment/imaging information to patients
both at time of booking, as well as during confirmation calls (to
be made for every patient at least one day before patient's
- Check-in patients, including obtaining copy of front and back
of insurance card for all new patients (or patients who have
recently changed insurance), collecting from patient any updates to
their "Summary 1" and/or "Summary 2" forms, and collecting any and
all applicable copays.
- "Batch-out" copays and deliver copays and batches to Practice
Manager/Practice Coordinator prior to leaving each day.
- Check all patient insurance eligibility and obtain all
necessary referrals/authorizations prior to each clinic.
- Responsible for managing the billing rejection and appeal
database through the insurance workqueue. Target to be under 25
- Maintain "No-Show" list and make notes in Epic and/or mail
letters as necessary in regard to patient
- Contact patients on "Bump" list according to "Bump" list
protocol, making notes in--Epic appointment message--and/or mailing
letters as necessary according to said protocol.
- Log all incoming outside hospital imaging, and send to Film
Library for upload into Centricity, in a timely fashion.
- Check Front Desk voicemail throughout the day, and follow up on
all voicemails by 5pm.
- Ensure waiting room and restroom are clean and organized
throughout the day. Prepare waiting room at beginning and ending of
each day including, but not limited to coffee, magazines, pastries,
patient information booklets.--
- Prepare all temporary charts for patients' office visits on a
daily basis; including batching out and attaching necessary
paperwork to charts. Assemble all charts for late add-on's and
- Disassemble charts after clinic and scan any medical records
received and/or created during patient's visit.
- Communicate with the clinic team, including manager, all
patient precautions that the clinic needs to be aware of in regards
- Fax/mail all medical requests to the requesting facility or
Physician, in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and
- All other duties as assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or GED required; post-high school education
- Minimum one year of applicable work experience required.
- Additional training in office systems preferred.SKILLS/
ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Technical skills required:--- Knowledge of practice operations and
standards.--- Understanding of procedures including filing,
copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.Phone skills:--- Ability to
use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), answer
routine questions, and give routine information.Verbal skills:---
Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer routine
questions in the most professional manner, and communicate in a
professional, courteous, clear, and concise manner.Organization
Skills:--- Ability to manage work processes in a neat and orderly
way and to sort and alphabetize.--- Ability to manage multiple
tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within
systems.Writing Skills:--- Ability to correspond and communicate
with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo,
or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate
messages.System Skills:--- Ability to type and enter data at an
entry level. Entry level understanding of applicable systems.---
Understanding of the appropriate use and importance of related
forms.--- Basic understanding and use of medical terminology.---
Basic comprehension of insurance types and referral process.---
Basic comprehension of registration and fiscal information.---
Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State, and Federal
requirements (where applicable to job performance), including
policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA. Brigham
and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Boston , Practice Assistant II - Front Desk Coordinator / 40 hr / Day / BWH Thoracic Surgery, Human Resources , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!