HR Generalist (Mfg Plant
Company: Siemens Mobility Austria GmbH
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Siemens is looking for a dynamic individual with proven HR
experience to join our team in Hingham, MA. As the HR Generalist
for our Russelectric business segment, you will support an hourly
and salaried workforce of approximately 350 employees across two
sites - Hingham, MA, and Broken Arrow, OK. You will balance the
operational priorities of a production environment with a solid
business focus, bringing insight, an independent viewpoint and HR
expertise. You will consult with and influence business leaders to
take actions on emerging people related topics; translate business
requirements into human capital imperatives and utilize the full
value chain of HR to derive relevant HR solutions to meet the
evolving needs of the business. In addition, you will play a key
role in orchestrating and facilitating changes to organizational
culture, design, and structure. You will report to the HR Business
Partner Head for Smart Infrastructure US. What are your
- Understand the business and its strategy and be an active
member of the site leadership team.
- Along with site management, drive actions to maintain an
environment of positive employee relations.
- Coach and guide managers and frontline supervisors on
- Resolve routine operational issues and engage Employee
Relations team on more complex issues and investigations.
- Partner with HR Operations team on topics including counseling,
coaching and conflict resolution.
- In conjunction with business, manage labor resources; identify
needs and make recommendations.
- Drive strategic workforce planning to ensure availability of
skilled resources to meet future business requirements.
- Serve as the liaison between business, talent acquisition and
managed staffing providers to support resource needs.
- Conduct annual wage analysis and prepare hourly wage proposal
to attract and retain employees.
- Participate in cross functional teams to develop & implement
key initiatives to improve operational performance with keen focus
on change management.
- Maintain a pulse on the overall organization and share with
leadership as deemed appropriate.
- Drive a culture of ownership by empowering employees to fully
utilize available self-service resources and tools.
- Identify needs for change management and champion related
- Drive discussions related to workforce and organization design
changes and provide recommendations.
- Coach and enable local business to develop a diverse, robust
talent pipeline considering innovative and progressive
- Guide the business on the appropriate HR programs, processes,
and policies based on the business environment / strategy.
- Consult with managers on implementing organizational
- Actively participate in interviews and selection process for
key roles. Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 plus years of human resources generalist experience
demonstrating a solid understanding of multiple subject areas
including employee relations, performance management, and
- Prior work experience must include a manufacturing or
distribution environment with hourly employees in a multi shift
operation. Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to balance multiple projects or tasks while effectively
prioritizing to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Thinks strategically and recognizes when it's necessary to dig
- Connects the dots and effectively enlists support/expertise
from the broader HR & business ecosystem.
- Anticipates broader impact of decisions/actions.
- Uses data and information to make recommendations and influence
- Acts with confidence and is comfortable in ambiguous
- Possesses excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Displays a growth mindset and solicits feedback.
- Must be flexible, self-directed, and able to interact
effectively with employees at all levels.
- 10% domestic travel associated with this position (post Covid)
Why you'll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Paid parental leave #LI-JT1
Organization: Human ResourcesCompany: Siemens CorporationExperience
Level: Mid-level ProfessionalJob Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Important note: For all job applicants looking to join us, please
note Siemens does not ask for fees prior/during/after the
application process. We do not ask for banking details or personal
financial information in return for the assurance of employment.
Similarly, please do not open documents in e-mails that appear to
be sent by a Siemens recruiter unless you are sure you are being
contacted by one of our professionals for an active application
Keywords: Siemens Mobility Austria GmbH, Boston , HR Generalist (Mfg Plant, Human Resources , Hingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!