Senior Director Executive Compensation
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Our client is seeking a Senior Director Executive Compensation.
This role will report to the Head of Total Rewards and serve as the
leader of enterprise compensation, a function whose remit is key to
our ability to attract and retain the best talent. The incumbent
will collaborate with operational leaders to identify desired
performance outcomes, and in partnership with the incentive
governance committee (CFO, CHRO, COO) will advise on best practice,
design, implementation, administration and governance of enterprise
compensation programs, ensuring that outcomes meet current and
future business needs and are consistent with internal and external
The incumbent will oversee the successful execution of monthly,
quarterly, and annual compensation programs, articulating program
strategy and objectives, defining metrics, defining, and assessing
program health to ensure alignment with business objectives. In
addition, leads the design, administration, and communication of
incentive programs. The Sr Director Executive Compensation will act
as a trusted advisor to the business and serve as a strategic
leader within the Total Rewards team. The successful candidate will
be able to seamlessly shift between strategy and execution, while
rolling up their sleeves to respond quickly and with a sense of
urgency. They must simplify complex pay decisions and prioritize
factors that include rewarding skills that help meet future
objectives, compete effectively for coveted talent, ensure pay
equity, and ensure that top performers are adequately rewarded for
- Lead the design of base pay, short-term and long-term incentive
programs to align with company strategy and talent
- Develop and distribute compensation related communications
- Accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate HRBPs,
managers and staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline
interpretations as agreed upon with the incentive governance
- Build strong rapport and alignment on compensation strategy and
practices between the compensation team, incentive governance
committee, executives, and cross functional partners.
- Create short/long-term retention strategies and compelling
offers to secure top talent.
- Ensure appropriate level of compensation governance across
- Manage market review including leading market data and best
practices research, managing annual market review process.
- Help develop a high performing enterprise compensation
- Provide expertise regarding the strategic design,
implementation, communication, and administration of the company's
compensation programs, including annual and long-term incentives,
equity incentives, and executive compensation.
- Proactively review executive compensation matters and trends
and recommend compensation structure and base pay adjustments;
annual and long-term cash incentive plan design changes, target
bonus levels, equity award guidelines, and develop budget
- Project management skills, organization skills and strong time
- 10+ years of enterprise compensation strategy, design, and
administration experience to include incentive compensation, broad
based compensation and executive compensation plans.
- Ability to effectively lead and drive a high performing,
customer-centric team in a distributed workforce model.
- Expert in formatting and presenting Compensation data,
conclusions and proposals to executives and Board of Directors /
- People-centric professional - ability to communicate and
interact effectively with all levels of employees, particularly
executive leadership, and Board of Directors.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, quantitative, and
- Experience with M&A due diligence and integration of
- BA / BS degree or equivalent experience required; (MS / MA
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion
and sound business judgment.
- Expert level Excel or Google Sheets and Compensation Planning
platforms; Experience with Peoplesoft/Oracle, Salesforce a
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Comp Design & Communication: Partner with the CHRO, Head of Total
Rewards, Senior Leadership, and Incentive Comp Committee to develop
a fully integrated Compensation Strategy. Analyze the
competitiveness of compensation programs and define the roadmap
required to achieve the company's growth and productivity goals.
Develop and implement a proactive Compensation communication plan
to promote employee awareness, understanding, and engagement.
Governance & Integration : Lead the development and implementation
of the processes, protocols, and tools required to establish,
communicate, and successfully manage compensation strategy
consistently across the enterprise. Build an agile and efficient
integration framework for future acquisitions.
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Boston , Senior Director Executive Compensation, Human Resources , Norwell, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!