Family Support Skills Trainer
Company: Communitas, Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Be proud of your next job and join our well established Family
Support Program to make a difference in the community!Who we are
Communitas is dedicated to delivering individualized,
family-centered services, programs, and support for people with
intellectual and developmental disabilities, throughout their
lifespan and in their communities.What you will do Working
one-on-one, a Skills Trainer will help to increase the supported
individual's community opportunities, life skills, self-care
skills, and safety skills, along with those skills identified by
the family. Helping the individual reach their goals and work
toward independence, with the overall goal of positively impacting
the individual's quality of life is what we strive for.Skills
Trainers may provide community and/or in-home direct services to
individuals with various developmental disabilities between the
ages of 5 to older adulthood. The Skills Trainer works directly
under the supervision of the individual's family and will receive
support of a Communitas Family Support Coordinator.
- The rate of pay for this position is between $15 - $25+ per
hour. Pay rate is dependent upon experience of Skills Trainers and
job responsibilities, which vary depending on the individual's
behavioral and/or medical needs. Skills Trainers are generally paid
through Communitas payroll.
- The hours vary depending upon the individual and their family's
complexity of individuals. Once a Skills Trainer is hired, they
will identify families they would potentially like to work with,
based upon complexity and activities that the goals encompass the
location and hours needed. Once the Skills Trainer is connected
with a family, the hours will generally remain the same each
- Hours available depend on the individuals schedule. The
majority of the hours are in the afternoon, evening, and on
weekends. Skills Trainer works anywhere between 3 and 20 hours per
week with each family. Some Skills Trainers may choose to work with
more than one family.
- The location will vary depending upon the family the Skills
Trainer is paired with. Once a Skills Trainer is hired, they will
identify families they would like to potentially work with, based
upon the location and hours needed. Communitas currently has
families in need of Skills Trainers all around the Middlesex
- Comprehensive training opportunities and room for personal
development and growth abound for motivated and dedicated
- Recognition and awards for performance.Responsibilities and
- Work with the individual to achieve goals identified by the
individual, family, and Family Support Coordinator.
- Complete all necessary documentation to assure compliance with
Communitas and DDS policies. (documentation is very limited,
consisting of brief weekly case notes, biweekly timesheets, and
incident reports when necessary).
- Ensure the rights and dignity of all people supported is upheld
at all times
- Develop and maintain supportive working relationships.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all information, and
facility operationsQualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather
and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and
make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and
reliable transportation is required.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background
check including references, CORI and fingerprinting.Powered by
Keywords: Communitas, Inc., Boston , Family Support Skills Trainer, Human Resources , Wakefield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!