Senior Software Quality Engineer
Company: Ascend Learning
Posted on: February 25, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Ascend Learning is a
national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for
learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven
professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled
trades, insurance and financial services. We are passionate about
accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment
success and employee retention with the belief that our work
changes lives. Our culture is intentionally results-driven and
selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in
trust, transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment
to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual
investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principal
realized through ongoing professional development and providing
opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is
headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations
and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K. Job
Summary Ascend Learning is looking to hire a Sr. Software Quality
Engineer in our Burlington, MA office location. This person will be
responsible for test plan creation and work closely with Project
teams, Managers, Developers, and other QE team members to refine
Acceptance Criteria, communicate status, progress and deliverables.
- Responsible for working with off-shore QE teams to create test
plan creation, execution of manual and automated tests and defect
reporting follow-through for an evolving and growing set or
products and services.
- Organize and conduct test plan & test case walkthroughs ,
modifying tests based on feedback from product and technical
- Create and update QE artifacts to CI/CD pipeline and review
unit tests with developers.
- Participate in all phase of testing cycle, including
functional, Integration, Regression, Load and Performance
- Participate in Daily Standups, Iteration Planning, Backlog
grooming, Bug triage etc.
- Ensure test plans are created and updated for major
- Create and execute functional and API testing where applicable
including defect and bug reporting.
- Execute, update and maintain test Automation suites.
- Ensure comprehensive coverage of functional, API and automated
tests by reviewing requirements and test suites on a regular
- Ensuring adherence to quality standards/process, best practice
documents and schedules for yourself and your QE teams.
- Work closely with offshore team members communicating all
important and relevant information to the offshore team.--
- Track offshore work progress, offering guidance and corrective
actions when needed and reporting status to QE Manager.--
- Work in a collegial and collaborative manner with your core
teams, Scrum Masters and product teams to ensure high quality and
timely delivery of project.
- Work with QE team, developers, Scrum Master(s) and members of
various business units to identify and refine requirements, verify
test accuracy and trouble-shoot test failures across our various
- Anticipate potential release problems and take corrective
action, escalating when needed, in order to achieve project
- Identify changing needs and priorities, craft testing
recommendations and work within the teams to implement
- Work with team members to proactively identify and communicate
usability issues, functional problems and risks that may impede
successful completion of the project.
- Update manager and core team by maintaining an up-to-the moment
status of work in-flight and upcoming work in queue. Skills and
- Ability to work with onshore-offshore multi-national teams
including some early morning and late night hours.
- Must be a motivated, quick learner with great analytical
skills, interpersonal skills and project a confident and
- Must have working knowledge of software testing and Agile
methodologies, Web, client-server architectures, S QL
- Working knowledge of Git lab , Postman, REST ar chitecture, API
testing , UI and automation frameworks , Java and SQL.
- Understanding of Functional / UI / API Automation Frameworks,
Continuous Integration Tools and Load testing tools. Hands on
Experience using automated testing tools like Selenium Webdriver,
TestNG, JUnit, Postman.
- Work with and support L oad & P erformance and Software
engineers to deliver high performing scalable code through data and
- Ability to review complex software design specifications with a
focus on testability, test automation and quality
- Ability to conduct white box testing. Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related software
engineering discipline, or equivalent.
- 7 or more years' experience as a Software Quality Engineer
testing functionality, system integration and API testing.
- 1 or more years as Test Lead working across multiple projects,
code bases and teams.
- Experience using test case management tools, defect tracking
- Experience in the education or publishing domains is a
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile, SAFe environment a plus.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer--(M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions
will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend
Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United
States and verification of employment eligibility will be required
at the time of hire.
Keywords: Ascend Learning, Boston , Senior Software Quality Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Burlington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!