Field Sales Rep, Telecom/Data Center, New England
Company: Corning Incorporated
Posted on: April 11, 2021
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives. Corning succeeds through sustained
investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process
innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough
technology challenges. Our Optical Communications segment has
recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and
cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of
industry-leading optical solutions across the broader
communications industry.This segment is classified into two main
product groupings - carrier network and enterprise network. The
carrier network product group consists primarily of products and
solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for
services such as video, data and voice communications. The
enterprise network product group consists primarily of
optical-based communication networks sold to businesses,
governments and individuals for their own use.Purpose of
Position:Technical sales role selling Corning's end-to-end Optical
solutions to Enterprise customers throughout the New England
market. Build and execute a territory sales plan, delivering on
strategic company priorities, and growing revenue across all
product lines! Work with channel partners, contractors,
consultants, and end users to further drive product preference for
Corning's comprehensive network solutions.Key Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed sales budgets for all telecommunications
products assigned. Operate within assigned selling expense and
promotional item budget.
- Through regular sales calls, generate preference for our
products over that of competitors.
- Ensure a balanced mix of sales call to end users, contractors,
cable assembly houses, distributors and consultants.
- Committed to lead to maximum efficiency the NPI contractor
program and Consultant EAP Program.
- Coordinate sales calls with primary distributor representatives
to improve sales penetration within assigned territory.
- Provide ongoing training to distributors to assist them in
successfully selling our product solutions.
- Provide timely call report summaries for all face-to-face
meetings & meaningful phone conversations using an assigned CRM
- Maintain proficiency in the use of the personal computer with
special emphasis on Salesforce.com, Excel, PowerPoint and
- B.S. or B.A. Degree required
- Sales and/or Marketing experience preferredRequired Skills:
- Self-starter with strong Solution Selling Capabilities!
- Consultative Communication: Probes for information and crafts a
- Business Intellect: Understands customer challenges and the
overall P&L Statement.
- Mental Agility: Quickly adapts; can think and react on his/her
- Organizational Agility: Builds relationships and works
collaboratively within an organization.
- Collaboration: Shares vital information with key partners to
- Ability to use Salesforce.com to build and maintain a project
pipeline and forecasting.
- Internally motivated and results oriented; strong work
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to set up small and large education programs with a
focus on customer needs.
- Ability to target and prioritize key customers.Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with telecommunications, fiber-optics, & selling
- Understands how Corning's solutions help solve customer
- Highly driven with ability to share success with team members
and Regional Manager.
- Outstanding teaching, training and motivational skillsOther
- Travel required 75%.
- Work collaboratively with minimum supervision from a home-based
office. This position does not support immigration sponsorship. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally
protected status.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities
are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job
application or interview process, to perform essential job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Keywords: Corning Incorporated, Boston , Field Sales Rep, Telecom/Data Center, New England, IT / Software / Systems , Ashland, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!