Lead Software Engineer in Test
Posted on: April 10, 2021
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create
software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of
digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise
Information Management.-- The Opportunity The Quality Engineering
team at Carbonite is looking for someone who can help us continue
our mission to invest in continuously improving our quality focus.
This position will be responsible for the design, development, and
automation of new test cases. This includes participation in all
aspects of quality initiatives. You will be involved with API
automation, UI automation, Manual testing and much more. We have
invested heavily in automation and are leveraging languages which
include Python, C#, and Java. The ideal person will have hands on
experience with multiple Microsoft technologies or experience with
Mac devices. We are looking for people who enjoy a challenge and
learning new technologies. This position will be part of a team
which prides themselves on using some of the latest technologies.
The Quality Engineering team's mission statement is to "Transform
Carbonite's online Solution and continue our progress of
maintaining world class quality solutions." In this role as a
Quality Assurance Engineer you will have an opportunity to be
involved in all phases of testing focusing on continuous
improvements and working on CI/CD environments. You will be
expected to take ownership of testing areas which includes being
involved from initial requirements, through designing, automating,
and executing test cases. You should have a desire to contribute
to--our overall test automation strategy and help us as we continue
to grow as we invest in CI/CD best practices. We are looking for
people who want to learn and are not afraid to ask questions.-- In
this role you must be flexible and be willing to work on diverse
product set. We are working within an agile development environment
where priorities and deliverables can change quickly. You will have
the opportunity to work on many different areas and technologies.
You will have the opportunity to help deliver high quality products
and which are being used by almost two million users. You should
enjoy working within a team atmosphere where everyone is expected
to work together and leverage diverse skills. We all succeed or
fail together. This product has a complex, distributed
architecture. Your First Six Months
- Internalize Carbonite's culture and values. This is a key to
future success. Then:
- Gain an understanding of the Carbonite solutions, product
architecture and typical customer use cases and workflows.
- Become familiar with SDLC process, Agile release cycle and
existing Automation Frameworks.
- Learn to use existing QE tool sets and CI/CD process and begin
to contribute to automated coverage
- Participate on a scrum team and contribute to test and
development activities. Six to Twelve Months and Beyond
- Become an expert user of the Carbonite / Webroot solutions that
you are working with.
- Take ownership of stories and tasks and complete within
allocated time frames at a high level of quality.
- Contribute to UI automation efforts and PR reviews.
- Contribute to API level automation efforts.
- Be an active member of the QE team, participating in all
aspects of product development and test and help identify issues as
early as possible.
- Contribute to improvements in overall process and agility of
the QE team. You Are Great At
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in
positions with significant responsibility
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value
projects and drive them completion
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team
- High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion
on important topics What It Takes
- Prior software testing skills using Python, C# and .NET
framework and/or Java. Experience:--5-8 years of mostly relevant
- Experience designing, implementing, and debugging manual and
automated test cases.
- Experience with UI automation, Selenium or other enterprise
level automation framework.
- Hands on experience using a test case management system such as
qTest or TFS.
- Experience with test case design methods which support
automation and continuous integration.
- Experience with source control such as GitHub.--
- Experience with Jenkins and CI/CD environments.
- Abundant initiative and ability to rapidly learn from mistakes,
not afraid to ask questions.
- Exceedingly strong team/collaborative work ethic.
- Openness to say--"I--don't know," Nice to haves
- Familiarity with Data Protection / Backup products -
understanding of typical backup use cases and how to test
- Experience using one of the major public clouds GCP, AWS, or
- Experience with Microservices.
- Experience with Hypervisors, vSphere, Hyper-V systems.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher. At OpenText we
understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless
of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability,
marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If
you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment
process please email email@example.com. Applicants
have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited
to:--Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA) ,--Equal Employment
Opportunity-- --and--Employee Polygraph Protection Act OPENTEXT
---THE INFORMATION COMPANY Our growing team is mapping the future
of Information Management, and we continue to make new discoveries
that expand its boundaries. Join us and be part of a winning team,
where the opportunities for your career are limitless.-- From its
innovative start as a research project by University of Waterloo
professors in 1991, OpenText has grown into a global company with
offices in more than 35 countries. Our high- performance culture
has forged our growth and is an excellent fit for people looking to
push themselves to learn and do more. It's our time to lead, and as
part of our team, it will be your time too. Our continued growth
will provide you the opportunity to explore, learn and chart an
exciting career path while enjoying a good work-life balance.--
If you thrive in a dynamic work environment, there is always a new
horizon to explore. We are proud to offer excellent benefits,
challenging work and competitive financial rewards.--
Our employee programs prioritize employees' well-being and that of
their families. We offer a comprehensive benefit plan, education
assistance, a wellness/fitness reimbursement and time off to
volunteer.-- Social events--
With offices around the world and flexible work arrangements,
OpenText strives to make sure all our employees feel connected.
Teamwork extends to our social lives too from local social events
to company-wide activities, we want our employees to take time to
relax and have fun. Corporate Citizenship
Corporate Citizenship is more than a program for us, it is
engrained in our purpose, impact, and approach to doing business.
Through numerous volunteer initiatives, we support education and
innovation for global change. Explore your career and your
potential. Become an OpenText Voyager.
Keywords: OpenText, Boston , Lead Software Engineer in Test, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!