Legal & Business Applications Technical Team Lead - Remote or Hybrid
Company: Stone Search, LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Six month + consultant - NYC or Long Island. Remote or hybrid.
Our client, a global law firm headquartered in NYC, is seeking a
hands-on Legal & Business Applications Technical Team Lead
consultant who will be responsible for the technical direction and
implementation of business and legal systems as well as
database-related projects and data integrations.
This position will work closely with other members of the
Applications and IT team to deliver high quality systems,
integration packages and applications for the firm. The position
will be responsible for leading and implementing technical projects
related to business and legal applications and systems which
includes application deployments, upgrades and integrations. Must
be able to lead a team of technologists, organize and coordinate
responsibilities and mentor others. Role will include interfacing
with business groups and departments as well as IT, following
internal policies and procedures and requirements. Position
requires a self-starter who will take initiative to organize,
streamline and take ownership of key business and legal systems
environment while being a resource and lead to others.
- Perform application installations, upgrades, tuning,
integrations and documentation following department standards and
- Perform and lead technical resources work on projects,
including interaction with vendors, assessment of proposed
technical solutions, and understanding of how those solutions
impact the greater project and other initiatives, and oversight of
other technologists and contractors.
- Interface with the department heads, as well as users. Provide
overall guidance to vendors on application and systems
implementation and upgrades.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the
- Establish and maintain good communications and coordination
among IT, project managers and business departments as well as
vendors and end users.
- Create technical reference documents, support documentation,
- Design, develop and implement systems integration solutions as
needed utilizing in-house technology resources.
- Translate business requirements into specific technical
- Follow standard design, development, testing and implementation
phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Write and present specifications and implementation
- Work with multiple teams to develop new systems and expand
functionality to existing applications
- Work with other members in a collaborative development
environment, providing assistance, technical guidance and
- Strong SQL skills are required in all facets including, but not
limited to, the database engine, integration services, reporting
services (SSRS/SSIS), analysis services, SQL agent and external
- Knowledge of business and legal applications/systems such as
conflict systems, document management systems, marketing systems,
contact relationship management systems, HR systems, record
management systems, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of platforms such as Intapp, Workday
or cloud applications with on premises integration, Sharepoint
Online, Azure, PowerApps, Biztalk, etc a plus.
- Experience with developing Stored Procedures, complex SQL
queries, and ability to analyze SQL data.
- Prior experience designing and developing Business Intelligence
(BI) reports for complex business data sets using BI tools
(PowerBI, SSRS, Tableau etc.) is desirable. Experience with Web
technologies such as HTML, XML, SOAP, XSLT, JSON. Experience with
- Client-focused attitude with excellent communication skills,
both written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability
to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team
- Ability to lead complex systems integrations design and
- Team player and a quick learner, able to easily adjust to new
- Ability to initiate and perform changes on business and legal
systems and proactively escalate issues that cannot be resolved
within the established timeframes.
- Knowledge of encryption & secure communication methodologies
and advanced user authentication.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
related discipline is desired.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in working in IT systems.
- Must have 2 + years experience as a tech team lead
- Prior experience in the legal industry is a plus. Other
- Flexibility to work outside standard business hours as
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Stone Search, LLC, Boston , Legal & Business Applications Technical Team Lead - Remote or Hybrid, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!