Embedded Software Engineer
Company: Cognex Corporation
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Company: Cognex CorporationCognex is the
global leader in the exciting and growing field of machine vision.
With over $800 million of cash in the bank and no debt, we are a
financially strong international company with a culture that
maintains the fast paced, creative environment of a startup. Our
employees, proudly called "Cognoids," take their work seriously,
but don't take themselves seriously. Our Work Hard, Play Hard, Move
Fast culture recognizes our employees for their innovation,
perseverance, and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and quirky
environment.The Team: Advanced Vision TechnologyThe Advanced Vision
Technology organization, researches, designs, and develops a wide
range of technologies that empower Cognex's machine vision
products. Our team creates powerful ID, 2D and 3D machine vision
algorithms, sophisticated image formation systems, innovative
software designs, and real-time embedded systems leveraging the
latest processor technologies and special purpose architectures.
The highly collaborative members of our engineering team are
passionate about innovation and have been awarded hundreds of
patents in the fields of machine vision and pattern recognition
algorithms, optics, and systemsThe Role : Embedded Software
EngineerWe are seeking a talented software engineer to join a
small, dynamic team focused on the development of smart 3D machine
vision sensors and products. This individual will develop system
software for 3D machine vision devices running embedded Linux
applications on ARM processors.Essential Functions:
- Design and implement embedded system software components,
frameworks and applications in C++ and C
- Ensure quality by Integrating the work into the existing
continuous integration and test infrastructureKnowledge, Skills,
- Experience with C++ and C is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication
- Comfortable with multitasking and working in a highly dynamic
environment, including collaboration with both local and remote
- Experience with embedded Linux platforms including kernel level
development is a plus.
- Experience with the Yocto framework is a plus.
- Experience with ARM processor platforms is a plus.
- Experience with working in a Scrum team is a plus.Minimum
education and work experience required:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional software
- Bachelors or master's degree in computer science, electrical
engineering, or other relevant technical disciplineAdditional Job
DescriptionEqual Employment OpportunityCognex is an equal
opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected
veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally
Keywords: Cognex Corporation, Boston , Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Natick, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!