Senior Software Engineer - Data Plane
Company: ViaSat Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat,
we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to
change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape
how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the
globe communicate. We're looking for people who think big, act
fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives
positive impact to join our team.
Are you passionate about networking? How about cloud
ViaSat launched the world's highest capacity satellite and it
powers the next generation of satellite broadband and represents
the most significant capacity leap in the history of satellite
communications. We provide high-quality and high-speed broadband
service to our customers virtually anywhere on the globe - whether
they are on the ground, on the water, or in the air. The
award-winning ViaSat in-flight internet & entertainment services
have shattered the standard for in-flight Wi-Fi with unmatched
speed, quality, and affordability.
As a Principal Software engineer on the Datapath team, you will
design, develop, implement strategy, testing, and operations. You
must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be
self-driven and deliver a high-quality product. This requires
extensive and broad functional experience with switching, routing,
kernel, DPDK. This role will focus on improving the efficiency of
the current Datapath platform and develop the next-generation
Datapath architecture for Viasat cloud services.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in software development for
- Proficiency in C, C++, or Golang and Object-oriented design and
- Proficiency in Object-oriented design and experience
- Experience with device drivers, Low-level I/O,
- Proficiency in developing Linux Kernel, DPDK, NIC Driver, and
- Experience with Linux bridges and OVS
- Experience with performance optimization of low-level/driver
- Proficiency in Data structure, Algorithm design, and
- Experience in design and building distributed systems.
- Understanding of CNI ( Container Network Interface).
- Understanding of virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM,
- Understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 network technologies but
not limited to IP, TCP/IP, ARP, Multicast, IPSec, MPLS, ARP, and
other routing protocols.
- Experience with continuous integration and Agile
- Ability to work with external vendors.
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- If not based on the West Coast, able to work Pacific (PST)
This role requires vaccination under the current Executive Order
for Government Contractors applicable to Viasat. As such, absent an
approved accommodation based on a religious or medical reason,
employees in this role will be required to be fully vaccinated from
COVID-19 no later than the deadline indicated here.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please
Additional Requirements and information
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
Keywords: ViaSat Inc., Boston , Senior Software Engineer - Data Plane, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!