Field Service Engineer
Company: Singular Genomics
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionABOUT SINGULAR GENOMICSSingular Genomics is
inventing at the forefront of genomics, one of the world's
fastest-growing industries. We are a publicly traded life science
technology company that is leveraging novel, next generation
sequencing (NGS) and multiomics technologies to build products that
empower researchers and clinicians. Our novel Sequencing Engine is
the foundational technology that drives Singular Genomics' products
in development and our core product tenets: power, speed,
flexibility and accuracy. We are passionate about the promise of
genomics to improve human health and are committed to making it a
reality. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced, results-oriented
environment where employees can make a significant impact in a
rapidly expanding company. Innovation, continuous learning, and
multi-disciplinary collaboration are pillars of our culture. We are
located in La Jolla, California at the center of the biotech hub on
the Torrey Pines Mesa close to the Pacific Ocean—next door to
prestigious institutions like the Salk Institute, Scripps Research
Institute, Sanford Burnham and UCSD. Position Summary: As a Field
Service Engineer, you will be responsible for installation,
preventive maintenance, and all other instrument services at
Customer sites. You will also be responsible for maintaining
complete and accurate records for services rendered. Travel (-50%)
is to be expected. This role is be based remotely, servicing the
East Coast region. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who
is self-motivated and excited by a startup environment where
opportunity to rise to frequent and diverse challenges is commonly
- Installation and deinstallation of Singular Genomics
instruments at client sites.
- Service, repair and perform preventive maintenance on Singular
- Assess maintenance needs and implement a plan of action for
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date record log for services
- Maintain accurate service spares inventory.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with
- Work closely with the Systems Integration and Engineering team
to analyze and debug field hardware issues.
- Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact
schedules, accuracy and reliability of data, and product
- Specific duties may vary depending upon departmental
- Associate degree is highly preferred or equivalent additional
years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in field service.
- Computer experience and literacy is essential. Linux experience
is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong mechanical/electrical fundamentals and analytical
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to
organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and
- Microscopy, NGS sequencing, and fluidic instrumentation
- Experience with ticket / case management software to track
- A wide degree of creativity is expected including the ability
to multi-task and work productively in a demanding environment with
changing priorities. Ability to independently complete assignments
with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, SalesForce.com and other related
- Demonstrated capability of maintaining professional composure
in stressful situations.
- Physical requirements: ability to lift at least 40 lbs.Please
be aware that, as a condition of employment, Singular Genomics
requires proof of COVID vaccination for all employees (subject to
limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021. Singular Genomics
is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: Singular Genomics, Boston , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!