Quality Assurance Tester
Company: Experfy Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Health Systems Teams unit seeks a highly
motivated individual as a Quality Assurance Tester to join its Data
Warehouse Systems Quality Assurance (SQA) team. The Tester will
design and develop test cases and execute automated and manual test
methods. This individual must be able to analyze and understand
business and technical requirements and conduct gap analysis to
implement complex reports and queries successfully, and comply with
operational standards; the individual will be designing, creating
and testing automation scripts. The individual should work in
compliance with HIPAA requirements.RequirementsJOB DUTIES AND
- Experience in preparing Test Strategy, developing Test Plan,
Detailed Test Cases, writing Test Scripts by decomposing Business
Requirements, and developing Test Scenarios to support quality
deliverables. Design, develop data flow/data lineage diagrams, data
mapping from source to staging and staging to target mapping
documents indicating the tables, columns, data types,
transformations required and business rules to be applied.
- Develop and execute manual/automation tests which includes
functional, integration, negative, regression, system, UAT and
- Conduct peer reviews of functional requirements of solutions to
identify gaps and document in detail and report findings.
- Create and deliver test plans and test cases - create effective
and reusable test scripts based on functional requirements and use
- Participate in software design reviews to provide input on
functional requirements, operational characteristics, product
designs, schedules, and potential problems.
- Confer with business analysts, engineers, architects, product
owners and others to obtain information on project limitations and
capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Implement Iterative and Incremental Agile - Scrum Methodology
for rapidly changing or highly emergent requirements and followed
parallel development and testing.
- Ability to design and develop a scalable and reliable
automation test scripts.
- Identify areas of optimization and improvement in the testing
- Document test automation framework design.
- Document software and application defects, using a bug tracking
system, and report defects to software developers using Atlassian
JIRA and track the defects until closure and test metrics and
provide analysis of product quality based on this data.
- Participate in all automation related design, status/team
- Design and Develop complex SQL scripts, PL/SQL blocks, stored
procedures for testing the dimensions and facts in the DWH that
includes data validation, count validation, referential integrity
validation and duplicate check validation.
- Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to
determine product quality or release readiness.
- Ensure that an application continues to function normally
through software maintenance and testing.
- Responsible for System testing of Ad-Hoc Query Packages in
Cognos which involves execution of Ad-hoc reports and corresponding
test SQLs based on various join conditions and filters and
- Broad knowledge of testing approaches and techniques for
certifying software acceptance.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in
project teams, providing relevant quality assurance services to a
- Highly analytical and able to independently analyze test
results, examine and identify triggers and root cause.
- Experience in Jenkins, Maven, SVN, Git, and XL Deploy.
- Expertise in SAS, SOL, PL-SQL, Oracle SQL Developer, C, C++,
Java, and .NET.
- Expertise in backend testing and writing Complex SQL queries,
including complex subqueries and joins.
- Must have Tools: Selenium, HP Load Runner, IBM Rational Test
Manager, Oracle, IBM Rational Clear Quest, Quick Test Professional
(QTP), TOAD for Oracle 12.6, Pig, Python, Scala, Oracle SQL
Developer 18.2, PL/SQL, UNIX, IBM Cognos Query Studio 11, AWS,
FileZilla, Microsoft Visio, WinSCP, Java, MS Office, CVS, Microsoft
Outlook, Atlassian JIRA, Putty, SAS, COGNOS.
- Ability to independently query transactional and Data Warehouse
- Experience with data quality and remediation, data flows and
mapping, or comparable experience (system or Data conversions, for
- Knowledge of Healthcare EDI formats such as 837 and NCPDP.
- Understanding of companion and implementation guides of Health
care EDI format.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or University degree.
- Knowledge of QA Methodologies and the software development
- Five years of experience black-box, white-box, functional,
smoke, and regression testing.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access, and Visio.
- Government and or Healthcare prior experience desired.
- Prior experience working in healthcare or government setting
with a strong knowledge base in healthcare insurance principles,
eligibility and Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
- Experience in Selenium with core JAVA experience .
- Experienced in reviewing the work of business analysts and
subject matter experts ensuring well-defined requirements
contribute to defined functional use cases.
- Strong experience working with Oracle database.
Keywords: Experfy Inc, Boston , Quality Assurance Tester, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!