Information Technology Operations Manager
Company: Methodology 1
Posted on: May 16, 2022
IT Operations Manager This post holder will report into and be a
key member of the North America IT program management team. The
post holder will lead IT assigned activities, ensure program
deliverables are met and the program is operationally sound while
achieving KPI performance. Utilizes company/industry project
management methodologies and tools throughout program lifecycle.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that programs meet quality, schedule, milestone, and
budget commitments, while providing technical coordination and
leadership for staff.
- Coordinate and lead customer facing meetings related to the
program. Collaborates within the Program, Engineering, Quality and
IT teams to develop and implement program management and ITIL
methodologies, processes, tools and mentoring to the
- Ensures that the goals and objectives of the program are
understood and agreed with the program sponsor and drive overall
performance of IT team.
- Manages program expectations, scope, risk and changes.
- Provides leadership surrounding issue identification and
resolution. Acts as point of contactfor escalation of program
issues and resolves program conflict.
- Works directly with Architects, System Analysts and QA team to
manage the technicalaspects of a development project
- Coach and lead cross-functional project teams made up of
internal and vendor IT resources
- Continually assesses program resource requirements and
reassigns based on revised project schedules.
- Prepares and distributes weekly and monthly reporting, tracking
team and program metrics.
- Uses formal program methodology to meet quality, schedule,
scope and budgetcommitments including ensuring raised incidents are
- Leads the formal change management processes to manage changes
to scope, cost,schedule and to ensure alignment in expectations.
- Tracks and drives resolution on open questions, issues and
risks as well as develop riskmitigation plans.
- Creates detailed schedules and work plans to ensure all
required project deliverables aretracked with dependencies and
resource assignments clearly identified.
- Tracks progress of deliverables to completion and ensure
resources are managed to taskplans.
- Accountable for continuous monitoring of program health and
adjusting resource allocationsand task plans to ensure the success
of the program and its team members.
- Resource management of team including prioritizing tasks and
- Builds a positive, collaborative working environment that
instills respect, trust, quality andsuccess as its core goals.
- Raises risks and issues to leadership on a timely basis and
work with appropriate parties tocreate mitigation plans.
- Comply with Cubic's values and adherence to all company policy
and procedures. Inparticular comply with the code of conduct,
quality, security and occupational health, safetyand environmental
policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job
holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their
manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Degree in Business Administration, IT or related field
- Experience managing IT programs and leading teams of IT staff
without direct authority.
- Solid technical understanding of IT infrastructure, hardware,
networks, application andsecurity.
- Advanced understanding and experience using common project
- Ability to manage multiple programs with proven experience in
successfully managing andimplementing multiple initiatives on
behalf of business partners.
- Ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with
people at all levels across thecompany as well as external
- Able to understand and communicate complex technical systems
- Proven effectiveness managing project resources and
prioritizing task conflicts.
- Meeting facilitation skills and leadership experience.
- Must be able to work between the office in Quincy, MA; Boston,
MA and some remote work Preferred Qualification: - PMP
certification Personal Qualities:
- Excellent organization skills , structured with excellent time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and make decisions with little
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and ability to use initiative.
- Able to cope with continually changing demands and
- Attention to detail
- Very strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Continually seeks improved and more efficient methods of
- Seeks clarification by testing understanding
- Service oriented
Keywords: Methodology 1, Boston , Information Technology Operations Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!