Director, Data & Technology, eDiscovery (Remote)
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Ankura is a team of excellence founded on innovation and
At Ankura, we tailor our services to support our clients'
requirements across a variety of matter sizes and types. Our team
of eDiscovery and digital forensic advisors provide consulting
expertise and end-to-end project management across the full
information lifecycle from identification through production,
including managed review for investigations, or litigation. Our
consultants work collaboratively with clients to design efficient
workflows, proactively identify and mitigate risk, apply quality
control checkpoints, solve technological challenges, and provide
cost-effective solutions. Our eDiscovery and digital forensics
advisory team have significant experience with a broad range of
industry-standard technologies and procedures. Also, our
professionals have served in some of the largest and most globally
recognized eDiscovery investigations. For every unique engagement,
we carefully customize our approach to ensure an efficient and
well-planned deployment of resources and technology.
The role has a remote USA location.
- Serve as client's point of contact and Ankura's day-to-day
leader in the management and execution of projects and workstreams
involving the identification, collection, processing, review, and
production of electronic data relevant to litigation or regulatory
investigations. Specific functional Discovery tasks include:
- Assist clients with finding, documenting, and preventing
deletion of data potentially relevant to litigation, regulatory
matters, or critical business operations
- Develop solutions and strategies to collect data with special
considerations for the unique environment and project-specific
complexities of an engagement
- Coordinate forensic collections with client and Ankura's
forensics team and quality review collections documentation
supplied by the forensics team
- Create and recommend pre-processing strategy to client
- Coordinate forensic pre-processing work (deNIST, file filters,
etc.) with Ankura's forensics team, including documenting
- Advise client on data reduction strategies including deNISTing,
file extension filtering, date culling, and search term
- Coordinate (provide instruction, obtain status reports, etc.)
processing work with Ankura's processing team
- Analyze exception reports, develop recommendations for handling
each type of exception, and communicate plan to client
- Quality review search hit reports prior to sending to
- Assist clients with the selection of the appropriate technology
to meet specific project objectives.
- Assist with development of efficient work streams, batching
strategy, and technology configuration for 1st, 2nd, 3rd tier
review; as well as witness review, exhibit designation, and trial
- Conduct customized Relativity training sessions for clients,
emphasizing appropriate add-on features as necessary.
- Advise clients regarding the efficient use of concept
clustering, near duplicate identification, e-mail threading, and
assisted review (predictive coding) within the Relativity
- Design customized reports for clients.
- Troubleshoot Relativity issues with kCura and coordinate custom
Relativity development work, as necessary.
- Coordinate data loads to the review tool with the Ankura's
- Assist with written collateral to support production process,
such as motions, orders, or proposals to courts and opposing
counsel regarding the form of production.
- Provide proactive guidance regarding format, strategy, and
timelines for production of electronic data.
- Work with client to develop production identification
Specific general managerial tasks include
- Assist in the management of finances of each engagement
including developing, documenting, and tracking project budgets,
adjusting budgets as appropriate, communicating changes in budgets
internally and to the client, and managing the revenue forecasting
and invoicing process.
- Review and discuss expectations, anticipated scope of work, and
project timeline with client and Ankura's team.
- Manage project close-out process including data return and
database archival, ensuring that clients understand the
implications of on-going data retention relative to their company's
- Provide clients and Managing Directors and Senior Managing
Directors with periodic status updates, reports, etc. throughout
- Generate consistent and thorough documentation to support
processes executed throughout the project lifecycle. Specific tasks
may include writing up interview notes and drafting emails,
memorandum or reports that demonstrate specific processes
- Mentor, lead, and delegate tasks to junior grade colleagues to
support their training and professional development with the goal
of creating an exciting leveraged, team environment that offers
challenging opportunities and support to all employees and is
poised for continued expansion and success.
- Assist in the recruiting process by screening resumes and
- Supervise personnel including Associates, Senior Associates,
client personnel, clerical support, and others as appropriate.
- Assist the business development team throughout the sales
process by building relationships with current and potential future
clients, demonstrating firm technology to potential clients, and
providing supporting documentation, including proposals and cost
estimates, regarding our offerings.
- Demonstrate business development acumen via networking and
other business development activities, showcasing the ability to
convert networking relationships to sales leads and ultimately, new
- Increase revenue on current engagements by identifying
opportunities to cross-sell services offered by Data Analytics and
Digital Solutions & Development teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, CIS, Accounting, Finance, Business
Administration, Economics or Mathematics
- 4 years of prior experience as a consultant overseeing computer
forensics and electronic discovery
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills
- Team player who is comfortable working in a dynamic and
fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact confidently with senior management and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ankura is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where mutual respect
and collaboration is paramount. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin,
or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Ankura, Boston , Director, Data & Technology, eDiscovery (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!