Senior Software Engineer (Remote) Job
Company: Acuity Brands
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial
technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces
and light. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands
Lighting and Lighting Controls ("ABL") and the Intelligent Spaces
Group ("ISG"), we design, manufacture, and bring to market products
and services that make the world more brilliant, productive, and
connected. We achieve growth through the development of innovative
new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls,
building management systems, and location-aware applications.
About This Role
We seek a talented, enthusiastic, and experienced .Net Application
Developer responsible for contributing toward the design,
architecture, development, and deployment of enterprise-level
software applications. This role requires a thorough understanding
of application development technology and supporting construction
techniques and the ability to mentor junior-level team members.
How You Will Contribute
- Contribute to the design, architecture, coding, testing, and
deployment of applications with minimal supervision.
- Guide more junior-level developers in the development of
- Produce quality code according to system design and technical
- Submit all code for review per organization and team standards
while also helping peer review code.
- Demonstrate initiative in determining and recommending
solutions for difficult and complex problems.
- Provide technical leadership, assist others with technical
- Continuously learn new technologies and techniques to apply to
Qualified Applicants Will Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent
- 3+ years of hands-on experience using .NET Framework and .NET
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying PaaS solutions
with Microsoft Azure platform - (App Services, Azure Service Bus,
Azure Functions, Log Analytics, Application Insights, API
- Hands-on experience with MVC Framework
- Hands-on SQL Server or Oracle database experience (designing
tables, indexes, and constraints; writing optimized SQL queries,
views, stored procedures, and CTEs)
- Hands-on experience implementing a microservice oriented
- Hands-on experience developing event-driven solutions.
- Hands-on experience developing RESTful APIs and API
- Hands-on experience with test-driven development
- Proficient C# skills with extensive knowledge of debugging
Nice To Have Experience
- Hands-on experience with DB2
- Hands-on experience in multiple languages (e.g., VB, ASPX,
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous
- Docker and container registries
- Hands-on experience deploying solutions to Kubernetes ?
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a
Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a
current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without
regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability,
pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here and here for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal
opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have
difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an
accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly
indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party,
such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to
an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address,
directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume
database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands
will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of
an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has
submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency
free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an
approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate
approvals to be engaged on a search.
Keywords: Acuity Brands, Boston , Senior Software Engineer (Remote) Job, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!