Field Service Technician - Marlborough, MA
Company: Mitutoyo America
Posted on: January 27, 2023
What You'll Do:
- This position installs, calibrates and repairs precision
measuring equipment at customer sites.
- The travel is within 450 miles from your home.
- Sometimes you are required to take a plane.
- 100% travel M-F overnight stays
- 58k-60k plus $700 month car allowance and reimbursed
- Must have reliable vehicle
- Room for growth FST 1, 2, 3 and senior
- 3-6 month training program (home on weekends)
Skills You Need:
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Computer skills
- Working with your hands
- Problem Solving
Why choose Mitutoyo?
Mitutoyo America Corporation is a leader in the field of precision
measuring tools and instruments. We serve an important role in
providing state-of-the-art measurement products to manufacturing
companies throughout North America. We are the only full-line
provider of Metrology solutions in North America that can satisfy
every measurement challenge faced by our customers. Our benefits
- Competitive Salary package
- Minimum 17 days PTO plus at least 10 paid holidays per
- Shut down period at the end of the year
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- STD, LTD, Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan plus company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Service Recognition
- Company Vacation House in Florida
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Perform installations, troubleshooting, repair, and calibration
of assigned product group(s).
- Promote the sale of customer service agreements as
- Maintain daily contact with headquarters as per Mitutoyo
America Corporation Field Service (MACFS) standard operating
procedures (SOP), including daily check of schedule, reporting
start/stop times, etc.
- Maintain contact with customers in accordance with jobs as
scheduled per MACFS SOP.
- Train end users in proper preventive maintenance procedures for
equipment as required.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork weekly; this shall
include work orders, calibration reports, time/activity reports,
expense reports and any other paperwork, as required.
- Email all completed work orders, calibration data to MACFS
within 24-72 hours of completion of job assignment.
- Maintain equipment and ensure that it is in good working
condition as per MACFS procedures, ensure calibration standards
have up to date calibration certificates and stickers showing
calibration due dates per accredited procedures. Perform interim
checks as required and forward to the office monthly.
- Maintain good customer relations informing management of any
potential problems relating to customer complaints, software or
- Perform job in accordance with MACFS quality management system
as instructed by management to sure integrity, competence,
confidentiality and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain an up to date parts inventory by properly charging for
parts on work orders as required, and the prompt return of unused
and defective parts that are under warranty, including the proper
paperwork describing part status, in a timely manner.
- Must conform with all compliance issues related to calibration
as instructed by management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory
Work Environment: Manufacturing Environment. Quality Room
Physical Demands: The person in this position needs to lift, move
and carry up to 50 lbs. This position requires bending, squatting,
Additional Requirements: Valid Driver's License. Must be a US
Person (LPA or US Citizen)
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time
Monday - Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM
Travel: Up to 100% travel. Up to 8 hours daily driving.
Required Education and Experience: Education equivalent to four
years of college. Two years' experience.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Reports to: Field Service Supervisor or Assistant Field Service
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability & Veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Mitutoyo America, Boston , Field Service Technician - Marlborough, MA, IT / Software / Systems , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!