Submarine Cable Project Manager Nationwide U.S
Company: Tetra Tech
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are
collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable
future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with
advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex
challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to
share ideas and best practices while growing your professional
network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit
from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical
specialists. Apply today and join the company that is Leading with
Science -. Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the
industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than
ever. We are currently seeking a motivated Submarine Cable Project
Manager to support our portfolio of offshore projects, as well as
to provide broad support and technical expertise in all other
aspects of offshore project permitting, design, and development.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator with a
maritime background and offshore project experience, project
management skills, and a clear ability to manage client
relationships, both internally and externally. Experience managing
major projects with large, complex project teams is preferred.
- Work with the Submarine Cable Services Team and current
offshore staff to support of a variety of subsea cable projects for
power transmission, offshore renewables, and telecommunications
- Serve as a subject matter expert for documents, queries and
tasks related to marine geophysical & geotechnical survey, seabed
geology, cable routing and/or fisheries regarding offshore
construction (depending on background).
- Research, compile, and interpret published literature, publicly
available GIS datasets, and project-specific data to inform
Critical Issues Analyses and Desktop Study documentation.
- Technical writing for reports, drafting or designing supporting
figures and illustrations required.
- Compile and manage extensive GIS, project data, and
- Research and interpret international, federal, state, and local
regulations on a project-specific basis to assess project
permitting feasibility and development requirements as well as
prepare environmental reports and permit applications.
- Compile and analyze geophysical and geotechnical data to
evaluate and assess cable burial potential and highlight other
potential construction risks.
- Design and update subsea cable routes to client specifications
and following industry best practices using GIS and cable planning
tools (e.g., ArcMap, AutoCAD & Makai Plan)
- Identify potential project and client leads, and participate in
the preparation of proposals, budgets, and plans of work.
- Written, telephone, and in-person communication with internal
technical experts, regulatory agencies, clients and others to
facilitate project goals.
- Willing to participate in offshore work and offsite travel.
Some travel required (5-15%), but occasional field work assignments
also possible. Qualifications:
- B.S. in Earth Science, Geology, Geophysics, Marine Science,
Marine Fisheries or related degree required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Five years of experience working on submarine cable projects
- Relevant experience on pipeline route design, survey, or
installation will be considered.
- Experience in marine or coastal planning and design, marine
project permitting, and/or offshore development required.
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills required.
- Strong GIS skills and understanding of geospatial analysis,
integration, and data management.
- Must possess solid, practical skills in office
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required
for this position.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving
record without restrictions. At Tetra Tech, health and safety play
a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together
to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and
protocols, including health orders and regulations related to
COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities
as well as project requirements. About Tetra Tech: Tetra Tech
combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company
with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations
around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise
and dedication of our employees-22,000 associates working together
to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We
are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water,
environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and
international development. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among
Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has
prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified
candidates will be considered without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age,
disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and
pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other
characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all
interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com
to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are
currently working on. At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative
environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and
creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and
benefits. Learn more by visiting
http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits - Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA
federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for
available positions. We thank all applicants for their interest,
however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be
Keywords: Tetra Tech, Boston , Submarine Cable Project Manager Nationwide U.S, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!