Company: Compu-Vision Consulting Inc.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Position: GIS Developer
Location: Boston, MA (hybrid)
Duration: 12 months
Hours per Week: 40
- The selected applicant will serve as part of a team of
geographic information system (GIS) specialists who create and
maintain geospatial applications, databases, processes, and related
computer programming activities.
- In addition, the selected applicant will be required to possess
an excellent working knowledge of programming with Python, SQL,
- The ability to create custom web applications and widgets
within the ArcGIS suite of tools should be demonstrated by
providing links to a portfolio of work.
- The ability to coordinate the installation and testing of
custom applications as well as providing documentation and support
- Excellent communication and time management skills are
necessary to succeed in this position.
- Other duties include gathering complete business requirements
and gaining business approval before proceeding with solutions,
maintaining a list of backlog requests, assisting in the
prioritization of the backlog and planning of work streams, as well
as testing and troubleshooting.
- Candidates should possess a strong background of working with
databases, cloud computing, as well as a working knowledge of core
GIS concepts, like publishing maps for public use and
- Candidates should have strong written and oral communications
skills, combined with the ability to work effectively with others
in establishing cooperative relationships, and in a variety of
settings (individuals, groups, inter- and intra-agency,
- Experience in linear referencing systems, ArcGIS Roads and
Highways, scripting with Python (Jupiter Notebooks)
- A familiarity with agile project management methodologies and
the principles and practices of transportation planning is
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (ArcGIS Pro 2.x and 3.x) and ArcGIS Roads
- ArcGIS Enterprise application and database development
HTML, CSS, PHP)
- Python 3.x scripting
- SQL Server database administration
- ArcGIS Experience Builder developer edition
- ESRI Integrations (FME, Voyager, VertiGIS, 1Spatial
Keywords: Compu-Vision Consulting Inc., Boston , GIS Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...