Senior Full Stack Engineer (Angular, Java, J2EE, Spring Boot)
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job Description:The RoleWe (Fidelity Fund and Investment
Operations Technology) are looking for a highly motivated Senior
Software Engineer to join one of our agile development squads to
provide software engineering excellence to our suite of corporate
actions applications. We are in the midst of an exciting evolution
to meet the strategic corporate actions needs of Fidelity. If you
are customer obsessed and passionate about advocating for stability
improvements, scalability, and enjoy supporting the breadth and
depth of a technology organization where no two days are alike,
this is an outstanding opportunity for you in a core Fidelity
The Purpose of This RoleHaving strong technical chops,
understanding our systems, and having empathy for our customers is
a given.\u00A0 You have a proven track record of successfully
delivering projects which had a positive impact on our systems,
product, team, and customers. You have strong, educated and
pragmatic, opinions both on what we do and how we do it.\u00A0 You
also have the pragmatism and experience to yield the floor and
allow better ideas to prevail. You continue to grow your skills as
a professional developer. \u00A0Great products come from the fusion
of rock solid engineering, clear product vision, and a
hypersensitivity to the customer experience.\u00A0 You live our
design and development methodologies, understand our business, and
are on a continued pursuit to build empathy for our customers.
While you are entrenched in the development, maintenance, and
testing of one product area, your view expands to the product
vertical your team operates in.\u00A0 You work with your team s
Architect to ensure sound technical direction.
The Value You Deliver
- Ability to quickly learn and Analyze complex Systems
- Exceptional Analytical Skills
- Strong Financial and/or Corporate Actions Knowledge
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain documentation wherever
- Should be innovative and works as collaborator with Scrum
- Analysis, design, development, unit testing and execution, to
strict coding standardsThe Skills That Are Key To This Role
- Web Front end skills Modern Angular experience
- Very strong Java / J2EE experience
- Solid background in Spring / Spring Boot / Hibernate
- Exposure to Oracle databases & RDS
- Solid SQL/PL-SQL background
- CI/CD tools such as Shell scripting, Maven, BitBucket, MEND,
Git/Stash, Jenkins, Artifactory, uDeploy etc.
- Experience in cloud technology with a strong preference to AWS
- Motivated/driven to get things done and deliver on team
- Ability to work in a team and take direction well.
- Self-motivated and responds to supervision.\u00A0 Asks relevant
- Can adapt to changing conditions and coach others through
- Possesses ability to communicate efficiently verbally and
through written documentation.
- Maintains a broad understanding of our systems, customers, and
business goals.The Skills That Are Good To Have For This Role
- Embody and live the Scrum values of commitment, courage, focus,
openness, and respect in all interactions, both within and outside
of the team.\u00A0
- Be a team member.\u00A0 Listen a lot.\u00A0 Ask questions to
seek clarity. Take the floor when you have information, experience,
or perspective to share.\u00A0 Communicate impediments as they
- A Scrum team collectively delivers on their sprint goals and
commitments.\u00A0 All team members are expected to always be
intimately familiar with, and working towards delivery of those
commitments, never against.\u00A0
- In partnership with Product Management, actively seek to gain a
deeper understanding of the business context under which your team
operates.\u00A0 Leverage this understanding to present feature
recommendation to your Product Owner.
- In partnership with Design, continue to build empathy for the
primary, as well as secondary, personas your vertical
supports.\u00A0 Leverage this empathy to recommend small design
changes to your Designer.\u00A0
- Complete modifications, refactoring, and bug fixes to existing
functionality without the need for oversight.
- Perform complex changes and complicated refactoring without the
need for direction of an experienced team member.
- While made up of many disciplines, the team delivers on
commitments together.\u00A0 Perform documentation, design, and
testing tasks as required by the team.
- Actively participate and contribute to technical discussions
and code reviews.
- Evangelize and promote the successes and learnings of your team
in formal ceremonies, such as sprint demos, as well as in casual
- Write queries, scripts, and data upgrades.
- Take point on supporting deployments and releases.The Expertise
We re Looking For
- 6-9 years of experience.\u00A0 Completed three or more projects
on commercially available applications.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- A proven track record of success in working with dynamic
technology focused project teams
- Ability to data-mine and troubleshoot issues
- Familiarity with SWIFT messaging structure a plusPlease see
below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New
York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:N/A
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in
Certifications:Company OverviewFidelity Investments is a privately
held company with a mission--to strengthen the financial well-being
of our clients.--We help people invest and plan for their future.
We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering
benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and
independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to
help invest their own clients' money.Join UsAt Fidelity, you'll
find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that
positively impacts peoples' lives, including yours. You can take
advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage
of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home.
Honored with a--, we have been recognized by our employees as a
Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don't need a finance background
to succeed at Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for
learning so you can build the career you've always imagined.At
Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way
that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and
offsite through what we re calling \u201C\u201D. Most associates
will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a
Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days,
every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.We
invite you to--Find Your Fidelity--at--.Fidelity Investments is an
equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way
to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an
enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.Fidelity will
reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need
adjustments to participate in the application or interview process.
To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR
Accommodation Team by sending an email to--, or by calling
800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.At Fidelity, we value honesty,
integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a
heavily regulated industry. Certain roles may require candidates to
go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process.
Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go
through a background investigation and may be asked to provide
additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes
but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory
review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent).
These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history,
depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law,
Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will
review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana),
cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Boston , Senior Full Stack Engineer (Angular, Java, J2EE, Spring Boot), IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!