Lead Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your
next temporary role at Fidelity Investments! We are currently
sourcing for a Lead Software Engineer, Machine Learning to work at
Fidelity Investments.As a Machine Learning Engineer, build and
maintain large scale ML Infrastructure and ML pipelines. Contribute
to building advanced analytics, machine learning platform and tools
to enable both prediction and optimization of models. Extend
existing ML Platform and frameworks for scaling model training &
deployment. Partner closely with various business & engineering
teams to drive the adoption, integration of model outputs. This
role is a critical element to using the power of Data Science in
delivering Fidelity s promise of creating the best customer
experiences in financial services. The TeamPI Data Engineering team
(part of Personal Investing Technology BU) is focused on delivery
data and ML solutions for the organization. As part of this team,
you will be responsible for building advanced analytics solutions
using various cloud technologies and collaborating with Data
Scientists to robustly scale up ML Models to large volumes in
production.The Expertise You Have
- Has Bachelor s or Master s Degree in a technology related field
(e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.).
- 8\u002B years of proven experience in implementing Big data
solutions in data analytics space.
- 2\u002B years of experience in developing ML infrastructure and
MLOps in the Cloud using AWS Sagemaker.
- Extensive experience working with machine learning models with
respect to deployment, inference, tuning, and measurement
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (Java, Scala,
Python), SQL, Unix scripting or related programming languages and
exposure to some of Python s ML ecosystem (numpy, panda, sklearn,
- Experience with building data pipelines in getting the data
required to build and evaluate ML models, using tools like Apache
Spark or other distributed data processing frameworks.
- Data movement technologies (ETL/ELT), Messaging/Streaming
Technologies (AWS SQS, Kinesis/Kafka), Relational and NoSQL
databases (DynamoDB, EKS, Graph database), API and in-memory
- Strong knowledge of developing highly scalable distributed
systems using Open-source technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins or equivalent),
version control (Git), orchestration/DAGs tools (AWS Step
Functions, Airflow, Luigi, Kubeflow, or equivalent).
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM).The
Skills You Bring
- You have strong technical design and analysis skills.
- You the ability to deal with ambiguity and work in fast paced
- Your experience supporting critical applications.
- You are familiar with applied data science methods, feature
engineering and machine learning algorithms.
- Your Data wrangling experience with structured, semi-structure
and unstructured data.
- Your experience building ML infrastructure, with an eye towards
- You have excellent communication skills, both through written
and verbal channels.
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple
teams in the organization.
- Your ability to understand and adapt to changing business
priorities and technology advancements in Big data and Data Science
ecosystem. The Value You Deliver
- Designing & developing a feature generation & store framework
that promotes sharing of data/features among different ML
- Partner with Data Scientists and to help use the foundational
platform upon which models can be built and trained.
- Operationalize ML Models at scale (e.g. Serve predictions on
tens of millions of customers).
- Build tools to help detect shifts in data/features used by ML
models to help identify issues in advance of deteriorating
prediction quality, monitoring the uncertainty of model outputs,
automating prediction explanation for model diagnostics.
- Exploring new technology trends and using them to simplify our
data and ML ecosystem.
- Driving Innovation and implementing solutions with future
- Guiding teams to improve development agility and
- Resolving technical roadblocks and mitigating potential
- Delivering system automation by setting up continuous
integration/continuous delivery pipelines.Covid work policySafety
is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer
safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working
approach. You ll be spending some of your time onsite depending on
the nature and needs of your role.Dynamic working post pandemicOur
aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together
in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of
working from home and office that supports the needs of your role,
experience level, and working style.Your success and growth is
important to us, so you ll want to enjoy the benefits of coming
together in person face to face learning and training, quality time
with your manager and teammates, building your career network,
making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social
experiences Fidelity provides for you.Company OverviewFidelity
TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for
Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified
global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome
individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer
service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional
and investor center locations. If you would like to experience
Fidelity's supportive and collaborative culture while expanding
your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a
role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at -.We believe that
the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse
workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and
belonging.Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate
applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in
the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an
accommodation, please contact our HR team at .Information about
Fidelity InvestmentsAt Fidelity Investments, our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a
rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our
founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We
help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies
and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their
employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors
with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own
clients' money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit
.Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Boston , Lead Software Engineer - Machine Learning, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!