Senior Software Engineer, Robotics and Vision
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Who we are
With its A.I.-powered robotic technology platform, Symbotic is
changing the way consumer goods move through the supply chain.
Intelligent software orchestrates advanced robots in a
high-density, end-to-end system - reinventing warehouse automation
for increased efficiency, speed and flexibility.
What we need
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Robotics and Vision
to join our Vision and Robotics group. This position will report to
the Director, Vision & Robotics and will play an important role in
improving our vision and AI solutions and supporting our customers'
sites with vision expertise.
What we do
The Vision and Robotics Group is responsible for the design,
development, improvements and support of the advanced vision and
robotics solutions for our warehouse automation systems. The group
is driven by a desire for innovation and the pursuit of perpetual
improvements to make our robotics system more intelligent, more
capable, and easier to deploy and use.
What you'll do
- Gather information and validate requirements to execute root
cause analysis to resolve issues with internal and external
- Participate in the development of software solutions for vision
applications including user interfaces, processing algorithms,
mathematical modeling, machine learning .
- Participate in the hardware design of computer vision
- System design and component selection (2D and 3D cameras,
lighting system, lasers, etc.)
- Development of prototypes
- Validation of prototypes in our Vision Lab and in our Test
- On Site Support of our Vision Systems
- Documentation and preparation for production
- Planning and development of test benches for quality
- Support for our actual Vision Systems on-site
- Demonstrate passion about building high quality software that
addresses customer needs, love solving problems and facing new
- Be a proactive communicator who enjoys working closely with
creative and technical peers.
- Work in a dynamic Agile/Scrum based environment.
- Play a lead role in this effort and mentor junior team
- This is a hybrid position. Must be in driving distance to
Wilmington, MA and be able to travel 25% to other Symbotic
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering , Electrical
Engineering, Automated Production Engineering, Engineering Physics
or equivalent. Master ' s degree preferred .
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience developing software
- Expert in C++ and C# programming languages and of the .NET
- Strong skills in programming and algorithm design
- Knowledge of image processing techniques and/or machine
- Relevant experience in the development of computer vision
- Relevant experience with robots (an asset)
- Relevant experience with PCL and Matrox Imaging Library (an
- Excellent synthesis skills
- Good communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Autonomy (Self- driven )
- Capacity to adapt to an environment of changing priorities.
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Symbotic, Boston , Senior Software Engineer, Robotics and Vision, IT / Software / Systems , Lexington, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!