Associate Software Engineer, Market Data - Boston
Company: Eze Software
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Eze Software is currently seeking an Associate Software Engineer to work on our Market Data solution, based out of our Boston headquarters. Eze Software is a leading global provider of award-winning software solutions and technology services designed to maximize investment and operational alpha for the entire institutional investment process. Our vision: to lead a reimagined investment process by creating a completely open, seamless, and fluid investment ecosystem. The Market Data team is at the core of both the Eclipse and Enterprise products that process market data from around the globe. As a Software Engineer, you will be joining a team of client-server engineers working on the software piece of this product, using your knowledge of multi-threaded programming to, develop, and scale the systems and services that power our Market Data solution. Position Overview: We are looking for an engineer with strong C++ and server development experience who will be responsible for developing and debugging in a Windows environment using Microsoft Visual Studio. This candidate will be expected to deliver code and fixes into a GIT based source control system, work with QA and Product Management teams to handle requirements and expectations, and complete delivery of maintenance fixes. Job Functions:
- Scale our systems to cope with ever increasing market data demands
- Identify improvements and participate on innovating our tools and services that are at the foundation of our product
- Actively practice TDD & BDD while developing new features and refactoring existing code
- Provide operational support by fixing production issues and embracing continuous delivery
- Demo features each week in fun and relaxed team gatherings
- Review code for team members, providing in-depth comments and constructive feedback Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Academic coursework or internship experience in C++, with knowledge of C++ 11 standard, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Academic projects or internship experience in SQL development, SQL Server, MySQL, Real Time Data services and networking.
- Academic projects or internship experience using the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms.
- Understanding of memory management in non-garbage collected environments
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills Desirables:
- Previous experience working with Market Data
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, etc)
- Familiarity with a DevOps
- Comfortable working with Linux / Mac / Windows operating systems. Who We Are: ------We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client's unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney. Our Culture: We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients' unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debated. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo - all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture. Eze Software Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Eze Software, Boston , Associate Software Engineer, Market Data - Boston, IT / Software / Systems , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!