iOS Developer II
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Employer's founders, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah, kick-started their careers as engineers- turned-entrepreneurs, growing an e-commerce business over several years with an exceptional mission: Everyone should live in a home they love. Our Software Engineering organization drives this by finding real-world solutions to complex business challenges facing customers and stakeholders every day. Our global teams move fast, build to scale, and approach each opportunity with agility and creativity.
From Marketing Engineering and Proprietary Logistics, to Development Platforms and Infrastructure Engineering, we leverage open source technology to create our own platforms and tools. Our continuous deployment environment promotes frequent releases to production. We build our market share by providing innovative, technical solutions for our customer's needs and by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement - all while growing our revenue over $5+ billion.
As a founder-led company with a global footprint, we continue to look for pragmatic, innovative problem solvers to join our Engineering team. If you are truly passionate about technology and can move across the stack to craft solutions for customers, this role may be for you.
How will you be challenged?
As an iOS developer, you will be joining a growing team of Swift developers, one of the largest in Boston, working on a variety of projects and owning some key features within our consumer apps. While we are a large group, the women, men, and diverse individuals of iOS engineering are cross functionally embedded with our fullstack peers in loosely coupled feature teams, owning an entire initiative across web, mobile web and native apps. This is a great opportunity to work with Swift at scale, contributing to an app used by millions worldwide, backed by an organization experiencing explosive growth.
- We won a Webby for our genre-defining use of ARKit to help our customers find the best pieces to fit in their home.
- We worked with marketing, backend and design to build a dynamic, scalable promotions system for supporting dozens of flash sales, visited by millions of customers shopping on our Way Day promotional holiday.
- We have been adopting GraphQL to provide more freedom and flexibility in optimizing our interactions with our backend APIs.
- We have been deep into a process of re-architecting our apps into feature and infrastructure modules to help our team scale and reuse code within our growing ecosystem of native apps.
What Will You Do?
At Employer, developers own and foster the innovation of their team and their initiatives. This will include:
- Writing high quality, performant Swift code in collaboration with 1-3 other iOS devs.
- Meeting with product managers to break down ideas and user stories into tickets.
- Working with designers on refining our user experiences with an eye to Human Interface Guidelines and other Apple best practices.
- Collaborating actively with backend developers on features that span web/mobile web and the native app.
- Reviewing code and providing clear feedback to other developers on your team and adjacent groups
- Investigating and proposing new ideas for advancing our development practices.
There are also a number of other opportunities for developers to expand their impact beyond their team, including:
- Participating in cross-team workgroups to improve our approaches to testing, UI components, GraphQL, or other areas.
- Mentoring and teaching junior developers entering as new hires or as part of our new entry-level bootcamp program: Employer Mobile Labs
- Acting as a tech lead and going deeper in improving the processes and productiveness of your team
- Collaborating with our mobile platform team to improve our build processes, automation, and CI/CD. Who Are You?
Within Employer iOS, our developers have a variety of backgrounds and strengths, but common among them are:
- Fluency in Swift, and easy familiarity with Swift types, UIKit and layout tools.
- At least 2 years of professional mobile development experience on publically available apps supported by RESTful web services.
- Have worked with product managers or other stakeholders to define features and new work
- A genuine belief that constructive and respectful code reviews are the bedrock of a healthy team.
- An eagerness to create experiences that will delight users.
Further to this, other bits of experience that we'd love to discuss further with you if you have them:
- Experience working with different architectures (MVVM, MVC, VIPER, etc)
- Knowledge of GraphQL, SQL, and/or PHP
- Validating user hypotheses with prolific implementations of A/B testing
- Familiarity with building retail ecommerce apps
We are a team of individuals from both traditional and self-taught developer backgrounds, and we firmly believe that what you've accomplished is more important than where you've attended school or whether you can estimate how many tennis balls fit in a 747. We support relocation for individuals interested in working in our Boston office, and we hope that you don't think it's weird that we take time as a team to watch all of the Apple livestreams.
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Wayfair, Boston , iOS Developer II, IT / Software / Systems , Wellesley, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!