Sr. Software Engineer, Algorithms & Signal Processing
Company: ABIOMED Inc.
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Abiomed, an innovative medical device company, is focused on
recovering hearts and saving lives. We have a single guiding
mission: Patients First. With corporate headquarters in Danvers,
Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo,
Japan, Abiomed s 1,300 employees form one of the fastest growing
medical technology companies in the world. Abiomed attracts and
retains exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion
for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional
We are currently hiring for a Sr. Software Engineer who has
experience in digital signal processing and algorithm development.
The candidate is responsible for designing, simulating, and
implementing performance enhancing signal processing algorithms
used in ABIOMED s family of products.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic self-starter, someone
who has a make it happen attitude, and who can thrive in a
fast-paced, cutting edge environment.
* Conversion of user needs and design inputs into software
* Design, development and test algorithms per medical device
software development life cycle (IEC-62304)
* Participate in software risk analysis and mitigation.
* Collaborate with cross functional team members, including
clinicians, data scientists in further refinement and development
of advanced algorithms.
* Prepare and maintain programs and documentation for analytic
* Conduct defined quantitative and qualitative research projects
independently and communicates research results to
* M.S. in computer science, math, or an engineering field or
equivalent work experience; Ph.D. preferred.
* Experience of writing memory and run-time efficient code in C/C++
on an embedded platform (micro-controller, microprocessor,
* 5+ years of professional experience in ANY of the following:
* Time-domain and frequency domain biomedical signal processing
* Advanced signal processing techniques such as multi-rate signal
processing, adaptive filtering, decimation, interpolation etc.
* Sensor fusion, Parameter estimation, and tracking algorithms
* Knowledge of modeling and analyzing large data sets using
Python/R/MATLAB or equivalent tools.
* Familiarity with standard data algorithms and machine learning
* Experience in the medical device industry strongly preferred.
* Working knowledge of cardiovascular physiology would be a big
* Willing to travel 5% of the time to meet with customers to assess
product performance in the field and gather user needs.
* Highly collaborative with excellent communication and analytical
* Self-motivated and willing to learn and explore new
* Independent, efficient, and able to manage competing
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse
workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job
applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy,
gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability,
genetic information, veteran status, military service, application
for military service, or membership in any other category protected
Keywords: ABIOMED Inc., Boston , Sr. Software Engineer, Algorithms & Signal Processing, IT / Software / Systems , Danvers, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!