AWS Cloud Developer
Company: DXL Group
Posted on: October 13, 2019
GENERAL SUMMARY: AWS Cloud Developer will be responsible for
designing, deploying, and developing cloud applications on AWS
platform. #FitForYouESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Code automation and reliability features across the full-stack
- Design and develop new tools and smart alerts that help
discover failures/issues in a timely fashion. Perform system
reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about
- Define and evangelize system optimizations and best practices
to improve reliability, security and performance. Develop
automation, processes, and tools designed to make responding to and
resolving incidents simpler and more robust.
- Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural
requirements at project level, aligning architectural requirements
with software development strategy.
- Work closely with infrastructure to build solutions that
effectively reflect business needs, application, security, and
service level requirements.
- Participate in the software development life cycle to ensure
proper Cloud solutions are implemented.
- Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands
functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes
to supporting applications. Ensures effective integration and
communication between multiple development teams with
- Provides technical guidance and leadership in root cause
analysis, impact analysis, problem determination and problem
resolution support. Provides alternatives for solving identified
system problems. Creates solutions that prevent further problems
from occurring (irreversible corrective action).
- Ensures software development meets standards for programming,
design, performance, and security. Identifies and recommends areas
for improvement in planning, design, development and testing.
- Participate in technical planning and requirements gathering
phases including design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document
engineering software applications.
- Ensure technical software development process is followed,
familiar with industry best practices for software
- Develop RESTful services using Java.
- Work with PL/SQL to interact with Oracle Databases.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Computer Science degree required.
- AWS Certifications preferred.?
- 5+ years of experience in design/architecture, software
- Experience in development of all server-side logic, RESTful
APIs using Node.js
- Experience with AWS cloud development environment (GCP and
Azure is a plus).
- Experience with Java/J2EE development platform.
- Knowledge of relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server,
Postgres, Aurora, etc.
- Knowledge of any of NoSQL databases like DynamoDB, Cassandra,
- Extensive knowledge of data formats like JSON, Parquet,
- Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies such
as Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud automation frameworks like Terraform,
- Knowledge of AWS SageMaker/ML is a plus.SKILLS:
- Excellent analytical skills with a track record of achieving
balance in innovative thinking with a strong customer and quality
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, team building and
- Ability to respond effectively during a crisis.
- Proficient in communicating complex ideas, either with the
written word or in presentations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work
effectively with minimal direction.
Keywords: DXL Group, Boston , AWS Cloud Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Canton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!