Recovery Support Specialist - Part Time
Company: Bay State Community Services
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Bay State Community Services
Description: Salary/Benefits: (pro-rated for part time)
- Competitive Compensation
- BENEFITS START DAY ONE!!!!!
- 3 weeks accrued vacation upon hiring; 4 weeks accrued vacation
after 2 years of service
- 11 paid holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Life and AD&D Insurance, and Long-term Disability
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care Account
- Mileage for all employees that drive for BSCS as part of their
- Parking reimbursement for all employees that are required to
conduct business for BSCS
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Short-term Disability Plan
- Voluntary Vision PlanPrinciple Responsibilities:
- Understand and fully support the peer participatory model,
specifically by developing, guiding and enhancing peer driven
- Create and run groups that will engage and involve peers, both
in person and virtually.
- One-on-one support for peers and family utilizing
evidence-based practices such as motivational interviewing.
- Connecting and providing support to all individuals with to
resources during a crisis and being available for follow up and
- Work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the center and
- Work as a team member and with peers to develop and implement
social activities for the recovery center community that support
and promote recovery.Schedule:
- Must be flexible to support program needs. If you are looking
to be part of a non-profit agency that has an excellent reputation,
strength-based supervision and high regard when it comes to
honoring the mission of our work, Bay State Community Services is
the right place for you. Apply now!!. Requirements: Qualifications:
- Lived experience with sustained recovery is required.
- Ability to develop trusting relationship, strong people
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Respects and advocates for all pathways to recovery.
- Completion of 5 Day recovery coach academy is preferred.
- Recovery Coach certification or working towards certification
- Must have fluent computer skills, MS word, excel, and outlook.
Experience with zoom and social media preferred.
- Have knowledge of the recovery resources in the surrounding
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be 21 years of age to apply.Bay State Community Services
is committed to diversity, inclusion, and social justice. We are
committed to providing an environment free from harassment of any
kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are
available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age,
physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military
and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Bay State Community Services believes diversity and
inclusion, and social justice is an action, and as such seeks to
operationalize policies, procedures and systems that support a
talented, and diverse workforce.
Keywords: Bay State Community Services, Boston , Recovery Support Specialist - Part Time, Other , Walpole, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!