Direct Support Professional - Community Participation Services
Company: Community Resources for Justice (CRJ)
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Overview At CRJ we change lives and strengthen communities by
advancing policy and delivering individualized services that
promote safety, justice, and inclusion. Responsibilities
To support individuals in attaining the highest quality of life
while maintaining their safety across all settings. Functional
- Supervises and transports consumers during assigned hours, this
may include, job search, medical appointments, weekly recreation,
shopping trips, and other necessary trips.
- Supports and teaches consumers new skills including, but not
limited to, those specific to goals stated in the Individual
- Provides a positive, supportive role-model for the
- Reinforce appropriate consumer behavior through direct
feedback, role-playing, and behavior modification techniques..
- Administer medications (orally)
- Documentation and timely submission of all progress notes,
weekly summaries, attendance, and all other consumer documentation
deemed necessary by the company.
- Attends all weekly, monthly, etc. meetings specific to the
- High School Diploma or GED
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation that can
accommodate individuals safely to their destination.
- Ability to act appropriately in the event of an emergency.
- Must be able to pass required certifications in allotted time
set forth by agency.
- Must pass a criminal and drivers check.
Technical Competencies: Basic computer skills (email, databases,
internet, etc---), copy, scan, and fax. Working Conditions
- Ability to work shifts to accommodate business needs.
- Must be willing to accompany individuals in the community
(Religious services, hospitals, etc...) CRJ provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Community Resources for Justice (CRJ), Boston , Direct Support Professional - Community Participation Services, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!