Program Coordinator, NPCS
Company: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Posted on: October 20, 2020
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber
Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians,
innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the
common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases.
Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a
genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and
comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research
that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's
physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our
community; and we work with amazing partners, including other
Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Within the Department of Nursing and Patient Care Services (NPCS),
the program coordinator I provides a wide range of support and
coordination for Nursing program operations. He/she reports to the
program manager for NPCS and works as a member of an administrative
team. He/she partners with clinical colleagues including associate
chief nurses, nurse directors, clinical specialists to provide
knowledgeable and skilled program coordination and support to the
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coordinates meetings, conferences, special events, and retreats
including booking rooms or venues, ordering food, and arranging and
running audiovisual equipment.
* Staffs committee meetings including preparing agendas, generating
minutes, following up on action items and supporting related
committee initiatives and projects.
* Documents and maintains, processes such as Standard Operating
Procedures and work-flows associated with varied programs,
projects, and events.
* Provides support to senior members of NPCS such as calendar
management, meeting preparation, and coordination of travel
* Compiles data, reviews trends, and produces tables, graphs, and
charts to support program/operational needs.
* Produces and distributes department-wide communications and
manages distribution lists and rosters.
* Prepares documents such as correspondence, reports, letters,
presentations, organizational charts, spreadsheets, meeting
minutes, packets, binders, and fliers.
* May work on special assignments and projects as needed.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's degree required and a minimum of 3 years relevant
experience. Healthcare setting or comparable technology-oriented
business environment is preferred.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Publisher,
Visio. Strong Excel skills preferred.
* Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technology.
* Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact
professionally with peers, leadership, and external contacts.
* Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Strong project management skills.
* Highly organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize work and
execute deliverables for multiple people.
* Flexible and collaborative team member.
* Strong critical thinking skills.
* Analytical skills.
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail as well as the
ability to see the big picture.
* Ability to work closely and effectively with all levels of staff
within the organization.
* Discretion and diplomacy in handling confidential
No supervisory responsibilities. May act as supervisor for
Workforce Development Students or interns.
Position has no direct patient contact.
Position is temporarily remote through June 2021. There may be
periodic requests to go into the office depending on business
Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:00pm or 8:00am-4:30pm. Some
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and
affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin,
sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry,
military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as
protected by law.
Keywords: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston , Program Coordinator, NPCS, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!