Company: Softworld, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Mortgage UnderwriterChelmsford or Marlborough, MA - Remote for
- Support Mortgage Department to develop and maintain an
optimized and efficient pre-fund and post-closing QA/QC plan.
- Examine closed mortgage loan file documents to ascertain
compliance with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Internal underwriting
- Review steps include assessment of credit and underwriting
documentation, as well as examination of credit reports, income
documentation, and appraisal verifications.
- Calculation and evalutation of all income and credit worthy
- Detailed review of disclosures for timing and accuracy with a
heightened focus on TRID.
- Track and report the results of testing, providing both
technical and functional suggestions to enhance the member
experience through the lending process and create
- Assist with responses to examination violations and develop
action plans specific to the company's operations and corporate
- Perform regulation specific project engagements related to
mortgage and home equity loan originations including but not
limited to: Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Real Estate
Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Regulation Z (Truth in Lending,
Know Before You Owe), Regulation C (Home Mortgage Disclosure Act -
HMDA), and other state and federal laws which may be
- Collaborate with Mortgage Department Management and Compliance
to revise and implement new processes based on regulatory
requirements, statuatory requirements, or business best
- Provide detailed documentation for internal and external audit
- Responsible for ensuring the communication and execution of
secondary market requirements are met.
- Create and coordinate executable plans of action for the roll
out and communication (interdepartmental and organization wide) of
existing and proposed mortgage lending regulatory procedure
- Maintain knowledge of secondary market guidelines, product &
pricing changes, and policies and procedures to create a holistic
approach to secondary review.
- Remediate defects identified by third party vendor for
- Work closely with Mortgage Underwriting to identify areas of
risk and weakness and design and implement process change and
- Assist in the development and maintenance of department policy
and procedure documents.
- Complete all required Bank Secrecy Act related training
annually and maintain an ongoing in-depth knowledge of BSA policies
and regulatory requirements
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Managers(s) Job
- Strong ability to detect possible misrepresentation and/or
- Previous underwriting experience, and/or Quality Control
review/audit experience of mortgage loans.
- Working knowledge of investor guidelines such as FNMA, FHLMC,
Jumbo, Home Equity, and Portfolio loans.
- Ability to analyze risk as it relates to investment quality
loans, critical thinking with short yet comprehensive write
- Extensive knowledge of DU, LPA and manually underwritten
- Ability to review audit documentation, perform analysis,
validate, and document potential risk to determine course of
appropriate corrective action and/or make recommendations of such
- Ability to collaborate, innovate, and change. Education and
- 5-7 years of Mortgage Underwriting or comparable experience in
- BA/BS Degree Preferred (or equivalent work experience)
Knowledge of State and Federal compliance regulationsKnowledge of
Secondary Market guidelines THIRD PARTY AGENCIES, SUBCONTRACTORS,
AND RECRUITERS NEED NOT APPLY. Applicants received from firms will
not be considered. Subcontracting is not available for this
position. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Softworld, Inc., Boston , Mortgage Underwriter, Other , Marlborough, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!