Fitness Instructor / per diem
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT: .
The Fitness Instructor is the leader in the Fitness Center. The
Instructor provides quality customer service, guidance, motivation,
and supervision to all members and their guests with their fitness
programs. The Fitness Instructor also provides new members with
orienting them to the facility by developing an exercise program to
fit their needs, and following up with them, and give encouragement
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must clock in on time to work scheduled shifts wearing staff
- Evaluates member medical history questionnaires to determine
appropriate individual exercise programs.
- Plans and implements standard and individualized exercise
- Determines format and content of programs based on assessed
member's abilities and fitness goals.
- Monitors all members and guests usage of cardiovascular and
resistance training equipment, (walks the fitness floor frequently
- Advise members on exercise and nutrition.
- Enforce club policies and procedures.
- Contact and schedule new member training sessions and develop
report by the end of each week.
- Follow-up and communication with members.
- Tracks member's progress and maintains accurate member's
- Ensures member adherence to safety and injury prevention
policies and procedures; prepares incident reports as
- Be informed of the latest trends in health, nutrition, fitness,
- Performs indoor pool testing and assists in pool and Jacuzzi
maintenance, (6am, noon, 5pm, 9:30pm).
- Gives club tours to prospective members and guests.
- Be knowledgeable of membership pricing.
- Promotes personal training, special programs, and group
- Maintains a clean fitness floor, (picks up cups, towels,
magazines, keeps equipment orderly).
- Records, interaction with members, # tours given, member
orientations, safety concerns, equipment problems, in the shift log
- Responsible for either leading a monthly workshop during a
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the
Accredited certification with NASM.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience.
- Must be customer service oriented.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be professional and outgoing.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to
motivate and work with a diverse group of people.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC,
Windows-based operating environment.
- Knowledge of strength and cardiovascular training and provide
education method on how to present techniques.
- Knowledge of exercise physiology.
- Skill in developing comprehensive fitness and exercise
- Skill in Fitness Assessments including blood pressure and heart
Work is performed in a fast paced health club environment.
The Fitness Instructor is responsible to supervise all the
members and their guests in the club while on duty.
Keywords: Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston , Fitness Instructor / per diem, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!