Junior Corporate Accountant
Company: Valvoline Instant Oil Change
Location: Newton Highlands
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Henley Enterprises, Inc. (and our associated entities) is a
privately-owned Franchisee of Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC)
currently operating over 225 VIOC locations in Massachusetts, New
Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey,
Pennsylvania, Florida and California. The Company has grown rapidly
and is projecting continued growth moving forward. This position is
a fulltime, nonexempt role, working from the Newton Corporate
Office and reports to the Corporate Accountant.
The Junior Corporate Accountant plays a key role in all
accounting and treasury functions, including month-end close,
financial statement production, reconciliations, workpaper prep,
cash receipts and various banking responsibilities. This role will
interact directly with all levels and areas of the organization to
explain and maintain financial statements according to generally
accepted accounting principles. As part of Accounting and Finance
group, this role with works closely with senior accountants,
accounting and finance management and the VP, Accounting to
implement and refine process and system improvements to take the
finance and accounting team and processes to the next level.
Starting pay for this position is up to $36 per hour based on
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be responsible for delivering analysis (the monthly story) on
financials internally and be the primary person of contact for all
related questions from the accounting team for assigned business
- Continually improve and maintain the integrity of the financial
information through timely and accurate execution of day to day
- Preparing and posting journal entries, maintaining the general
ledger, and preparing financial statements in accordance to
- Prepare allocations among intercompany accounts.
- Analyzing cost of sales and ensuring accruals are appropriately
made at month-end.
- Reviewing balance sheet accounts and preparing all appropriate
audit work papers and reconciliations to support balances and
- Generating monthly profit and loss statements and other
- Support the opening and ongoing administration and operations
of company bank accounts, and maintaining users and roles in the
online banking platforms
- Assist in developing and implementing adequate processes and
controls for the following treasury functions:
- Store cash deposit and credit card settlement reconciliation to
the POS system
- Bank transaction processing
- Application and processing of customer payments
- Store deposit procedures including ordering and administering
ATM cards and deposit slips
- Set-up and approval of vendor ACH and other electronic
- Compile cash balance reporting and assist in the review of cash
balances to ensure adequate cash levels and perform bank transfers
- Deposit and post daily check payments.
- Assisting other Accounting and Finance department members in
the daily operations and special projects as needed.
Skills and Competencies
- Multi- entity consolidation/retail experience a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting rules
- Time Management/Organization
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, Accounting
- Problem solving/analytical skills
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Ethical conduct
- High attention to detail and the ability to meet accounting
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance.
- 0-5 years of progressive accounting or finance experience
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely
uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is
required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing
cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and
reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift
and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up
to 20 pounds.
- Occasional weekend work may be required.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive"
list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor
is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities
required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the
general nature of the job.
Henley Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliates are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Valvoline Instant Oil Change, Boston , Junior Corporate Accountant, Other , Newton Highlands, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!