Public Safety Command and Control Center (CCC) Technician
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This positions provides a critical role in linking those in need
of emergency assistance or non-emergency service with the most
appropriate qualified Public Safety or Facilities resources while
assigned to the 24/7/365 Public Safety Command and Control Center.
The CCC Technician will triage all telephone calls for service,
monitor Building Automation systems and Security Systems for
alarms, alerts, fluctuation, adjustments and/or emergencies. As
such, will be responsible for radio dispatching the appropriate
personnel, trouble shooting applicable systems (Building Automation
System (BAS) and Public Safety Systems) for causes and potential
The CCC Technician will possess the ability to multi-task
triaging telephone calls, radio dispatching personnel and
monitoring systems, while providing excellent customer service. The
Technician will be proficient in the both Public Safety and
Facilities software, programs and communication systems, including
Two-way radio, access control, CCTV, infant abduction, security
alarms, video intercom systems, Visitor Management System, Computer
Aided Dispatch and Report Management systems, Building Automation
Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, and Pneumatic Tube System.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Operates, monitors, maintains and controls computerized
Building Automation Systems (BAS) and Public Safety systems as
required, while responding to life safety issues, emergencies and
- Triages all incoming telephone calls into the C&CC to
obtain all necessary information to assesses the appropriate
resources and assist callers in a calm, civil, and professional
- Uses good prioritization skills to manage multiple calls and
- If necessary and possible, keep callers on the line to provide
safety instructions to the caller and gain scene insight to risk
and hazard to provide to responders.
- Will be able to assess situations and activate emergency
procedures that relate to matters requiring immediate or urgent
public safety, medical or law enforcement or other external
- Utilizing existing two way radio equipment and technology to
communicate to public safety, facilities and mechanical venders in
- Ability to learn, understand and utilize established policy,
procedures and training to provide safe, effective and efficient
service to the Boston Medical Center Community.
- Possesses the ability to become familiar and knowledgeable of
all Boston Medical Center buildings, addresses, facilities, layout
of streets surrounding the campus and any other significant areas
of the community so as to maximize the accuracy, safety and speed
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of all activity
occurring in the C&CC, responses by personnel in the field and
completion and tracking of progress of Facility work order
- Be proficient with the procedures for computer operation, data
entry, data retrieval, and data modification capabilities for the
in-house, CJIS and LEAPS computer systems. Maintain the highest
degree of confidentiality for CJIS, HIPPA and private
- Disseminate law enforcement information concerning wanted
persons, stolen vehicles, missing persons, and other law
enforcement information as may be received by the LEAPS computer
system, telephone, radio, or other means.
- Responsible for managing the Mass Notification system (Send
Word Now) to provide safety or notification to a larger group of
for systems issues, unusual occurrences or disaster phase
- Responsible for working with internal and external technicians
and venders to ensure all Faculties, BAS and Security systems are
operating properly, serviced as needed and maintained in good
- Initiates trending and alarming of systems through the BAS,
Creates log and issues reports through monitoring of the BAS
- Perform other duties as may be assigned or required.
Skills and Ability
- Must be proficient at multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple
calls for service requests and emergencies.
- The ability to learn, understand and operate, with proficiency,
all public safety and BAS systems and technology managed in Command
and Control Center including but not limited to Systems include
Building Automation Systems (BAS) technologies, Computer Aided
Dispatch (CAD), telephone and radio equipment, recording and
playback software, Access control and alarm monitoring software,
CCTV equipment and Law enforcement based systems and software
including CJIS and LEAPS.
- The ability to successfully complete associated
training/certification requirements and maintain on-going
- The ability to maintain composure during stressful and
demanding situations, while projecting confidence and control, even
in stressful conditions.
- Must be capable of working various shifts (day, evening and
overnight) as well as weekends and holidays. Willing to work
overtime hours when necessary to meet operational needs.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills in
person, on telephone and over the radio.
Must adhere to all of BMC's RESPECT behavioral standards.
High School diploma or an equivalency certificate issued by the
Massachusetts Department of Education.
Preferred - Associates Degree or higher
Knowledge of Building Automation systems and Emergency
telecommunication training and experience is preferred
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Boston , Public Safety Command and Control Center (CCC) Technician, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!