Company: Forma Therapeutics Holdings, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Forma Therapeutics (Nasdaq: FMTX) is a clinical-stage
biopharmaceutical company focused on the research, development and
commercialization of novel therapeutics to transform the lives of
patients with rare hematologic diseases and cancers. Our R&D
engine combines deep biology insight, chemistry expertise and
clinical development capabilities to create drug candidates with
differentiated mechanisms of action focused on indications with
high unmet need. Our work has generated a broad proprietary
portfolio of programs with the potential to provide profound
About the Role:
The Translational Science team at Forma Therapeutics seeks an
experienced scientist eager to play a key role in developing and
deploying the translational strategy for discovery and development
stage oncology projects. The ideal candidate will be a highly
motivated individual with a strong scientific and technical
background in oncology. The candidate must also have experience
managing externally delivered studies and data interpretation to
enable decisions on biomarkers. He or she will work
cross-functionally with both clinical and discovery teams.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Independently design, execute and interpret biomarker studies
to investigate and prioritize biomarkers to meet the timelines of
the projects. This includes both internal research and work with
- Drive assay validation and technology transfer to support
biomarker evaluation in clinical trials.
- Assist in the management of external biomarker studies and in
vivo pharmacology studies by providing tactical solutions to
scientific challenges, communicating with external providers and
- Evaluate new technologies for use in exploratory research.
- Coordinate with vendors and CROs for outsourced
- Ph.D. in pharmacology or biology or related field
- 2+ years postdoc research experience in oncology and/or
hematology is required.
- Experience in translational science is highly desired.
- Hands-on translational scientist with expertise in gene
expression analysis and protein-based biomarker assays (ELISA,
immunohistochemistry, quantitative westerns) is preferred.
- Experience in biomarker analysis using in vivo studies to
develop PK/PD relationships.
- Experience in sequencing and genomic analysis is desired.
- Proven ability to independently perform high quality research
and work effectively on multifunctional teams.
Headquartered in Watertown, MA, we have all the perks you can
find in Cambridge (walkable to lunch, shopping, etc.) and more
perks that you can't (ample free parking!) Our diverse portfolio
and our commitment to patients sets us apart. Our patients are our
true north; our pipeline is our road map.
For more information, please visit www.FormaTherapeutics.com or
follow us on Twitter @FORMAInc and LinkedIn. Everyone at Forma is a
part of the journey. #formafuturewithforma
No phone calls please. Resumes from third party vendors will not
Keywords: Forma Therapeutics Holdings, Inc, Boston , Scientist, Oncology, Other , Watertown, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!